Did you mean: 

Minor ellipse repeat command

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
tj6TCQ5
439 Views, 2 Replies

Minor ellipse repeat command

There's a minor issue with ellipse when you repeat the command. I click on the icon the first time, which displays center draw method, but the when I repeat the command with enter key it switches to axis end. I've only tested this with 2021.

Just a minor bug.

Labels (1)
  • bug
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
imadHabash
in reply to: tj6TCQ5

Hi,

The default Ellipse command is by Specify axis , if you start the command with Center option and finish it , when you repeat the command it will get back for default . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 3
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: tj6TCQ5

I agree, it's not a bug, it's just that the command doesn't save option choices.  That's true of a lot of commands -- for instance, DIVIDE doesn't remember how many divisions you last asked for, nor whether you last used the Block option, nor if you did, what Block name you used.

You can certainly have an Ellipse-by-Center command that builds in that Center option for you:

(defun C:EC () (command "_.ellipse" "_c"))

And if you want it again right after, Enter will recall the custom command, not the native Ellipse command.

[I usually spell out option words, rather than use only abbreviations, because of the possibility that options will change and there might some day be more than one starting with C.  But if "_center" is spelled out here, it is taken as an Object-Snap call.]

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report