Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material Editor and roofs help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jeffmorris
334 Views, 3 Replies

Material Editor and roofs help

I have regular AutoCAD 2016. I tried to use the Material Editor but the dialog box shows the dimensions of the texture map "unknown" units, not in pixels. The bricks are TOO BIG! How can I scale down the bricks? The -DWGUNITS is set to 1 and MEASUREMENT is set to 0. Is there a script or plugin for creating roofs? Drawing triangles and extruding them slows me down.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Hi,

>> the dialog box shows the dimensions of the texture map "unknown" units

Can you please show a screenshot with that "unknown" display? I don't know what dialog you are writing about.

As you can see in my screenshot (the dialogs I guessed you meant) I can't see anywhere any units displayed, not "unknown", not Inch nor Millimeter/Meter.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4

bricks.PNG

I don't know the size of the brick image because the dialog box doesn't tell me the size of the brick image. I tried box mapping but I don't know how to change the size of the bricks on the box. How do I change the size of the bricks on the box? If I import the drawing into 3DS Max, it's easy to apply materials and mapping to objects but I can't change the UCS so that it's parallel to the highlighted object.

3dsmax.PNG

Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> How do I change the size of the bricks

Hope this screenshot helps:

2015-05-10 14-37-10.png

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report