Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make Stretch work on hatches

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
AaronEllsworth
5463 Views, 4 Replies

Make Stretch work on hatches

I think this is a bug in AutoCAD that desperately needs fixing.  The stretch command should work on hatches.  Right now if the hatches are non-associative (and MANY of ours are) they get left behind by a stretch command and then have to be manually updated.

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
M_Hensley
in reply to: AaronEllsworth

AutoCAD has always not stretched non-associative hatches. If it stretched a non-associative hatch at all that would make it partially associative.

Message 3 of 5
doni49
in reply to: M_Hensley

1. I agree that Acad has NEVER "stretched" a hatch (although in relatively recent versions, you can grip edit the hatch to change its shape).  But I could understand the benefit of such a feature request.  However, although Autodesk employees do (sometimes) visit these forums, they're mostly monitored by volunteers and thus there's a good chance AD will not even see this. Feature requests can be posted at the following address.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
  2. A hatch object is esentially a closed shape that has been filled in.  As such, I beleive that the dev team COULD enable stretching a hatch object.  It would work very similar to stretching a closed polyline.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 5
kimK7B54
in reply to: doni49

AutoCAD used to stretch hatch entities;  AutoCAD R14 does (version before AC2000)

I still use r14 as my preferred version.  Newer versions are just laiden with garbage features that slow down productivity.  Launching r14 takes less than 1 second also.

Message 5 of 5
scot-65
in reply to: AaronEllsworth

First reassociate the hatch(es) using the Properties floating window.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost