Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a good laptop configuration - what mobile CPU(s) will work well?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1207 Views, 4 Replies

Looking for a good laptop configuration - what mobile CPU(s) will work well?

I know that graphics cards are important, but I seek feedback about CPUs.

I see in the System Requirements:  

• Basic: 2.5–2.9 GHz processor
  • Recommended: 3+ GHz processor

Most of the laptop CPUs, even Core i7, list speeds under 3.0 --- so, I'm wondering if those 10th Gen CPUs, such as the i7-10750H Processor 2.6GHz might be better than "Basic"  

Any recommendations for CPUs  from real-world experience using laptops & AutoCAD?  

Labels (3)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

laptops today has a top end speed option as well as a low-end when it is not needed: you want your high end to be well over 3Ghz. If 2.6Ghz is the top end, then you are still in the "basic" category.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Any laptop users out there?  Thank you for reiterating the Recommended.  I read that.

I am looking for someone whom has a laptop and uses it with AutoCAD.  I see older CPUs with 3.x and 4.x GHz speeds, but when ranked by CPUBenchmarks, they pale in comparison to a newer Intel Core i7-10875H @ 2.30GHz, e.g., the Intel Core i7-7740X @ 4.30GHz.

So, I don't think speed is everything, but I don't doubt it is important.  I do know that laptop CPUs are not the same as what gets put into desktop & tower PCs.

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Most of us in these forums use laptops with AutoCAD all day long.
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Please, what CPU is in your laptop(s), what RAM do you have, and drive(s)? 

And do you consider your laptop for AutoCAD to be basic, good, very good, downright fast, or Ludicrous Mode (re: Tesla S)?

Sincerely!

Robert

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report