Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

long time user needing help with new commands

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
427 Views, 7 Replies

long time user needing help with new commands

I have been using autocad for around 30 years.  Just had to upgrade to new version due to computer failure.

The complete changing of the commands is driving me nuts as most of the commands I use to use no longer work or have been redesigned.  I have been able to work around most but...

I am looking for a way of adding text to the drawing in the same style as a dimension.  I use to use dim  Leader and then select the same start point and it would allow me to add text without the leader.  I have tried mleader and bleader without success.  When I use them I then have to go back and explode the leader then delete the arrow and line.  Is the a command that allows me to add text using the dimension style & scale without the leader?

Thanks

Jeff

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

You can use autolisp, pick a text and make that style current (Explode a leader text and use it)

Mtext and Text command.

https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic/48205-lisp-to-make-a-selected-text-style-current/

Message 3 of 8
dmfrazier

Set your current textstyle to the same style that you have defined in your dimstyle.

Use the MText command to add text to the drawing. After selecting the first corner point, you can set the other options:

dmfrazier_0-1603814601591.png

Message 4 of 8
a.blackMV4H7

Hi Jeff,

You can set your text style to use the same style being used by your dimensions. Go into your dimension style settings, hit modify and select the 'text' tab, make note of the text style in use. Exit the dialog boxes and go to your text style settings, select the style being used in your dimension style and select set current.

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: a.blackMV4H7

The style is the same but the scale/size is not the same.

the scale is set using dimscale.

Message 6 of 8
a.blackMV4H7

Have you looked into using annotative scaling? If your dimension and text styles are set to be annotative the text size should remain consistent regardless of the scale of your plan. Take a look here if you're interested.

Otherwise you would have to set your text to be a multiple of your DIMSCALE value * the height of the text in your dim style, if I follow you correctly. So if your text is 2.5 in your dimension style, and your DIMSCALE value is 10, your text style height would be 25.

Message 7 of 8
pendean

Other than look and feel, nothing is different about STYLE and DIMSTYLE, LEADER or QLEADER commands and how you set fonts and sizes of the text for both. LMEADER may be new to you, but it also relies on your STYLE settings like all the others.

Where did you get stuck exactly? Show us your work, post your current problematic DWG file and one of your old DWG files that works "just fine" and we can help point you to what you missed or skipped over.

TIA
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

leader, bleader, mleader & qleader all exit the command if you try to skip creating the leader part.  I can and have used the commands but then have to go back and delete the leader line, sometimes requiring to explode the leader before deleting the line and arrow.  The previous verisions pre 2016, the dimension leader command, one would just click on a point, move the mouse and click on the same point or call out @0,0, and then add the text.  It would then create the text without the leader arrow and line.  using the current dimension scale and style.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report