Did you mean: 

Lines appear like dash

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
407 Views, 6 Replies

Lines appear like dash

How come every line I draw appears solid eventhough th ecurrent layer is a continuos line

Many Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

would you show us please Smiley Happy

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
pendean

CONTINUOUS means "solid', no breaks: is your CELTYPE variable set to something else other than BYLAYER perhaps?
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

I meant that all te lines I darw are dashed eventhough the current layer is set to draw continous lines. MY celtype is " dashed" however the problem is that I don't know how to change CELTYPE in order to get continous lines.

Message 5 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I don't know how to change CELTYPE in order to get continous lines.

How did you recognize that CELTYPE is set to "dashed"? With command CELTYPE you get shown what is current (as default value in <>), but there you can type in:

byLayer<ENTER>

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 6 of 7
rkmcswain

puya.hadizadeh wrote:
..... the problem is that I don't know how to change CELTYPE in order to get continous lines.

Here are a few ways.

1. Type in CELTYPE and enter ByLayer or Continuous or whatever you want.

2. With NOTHING selected in the drawing (press ESC a few times), change the Linetype in the Properties palette.

3. Type in LINETYPE at the command line. In the dialog box that opens, select the linetype (or Bylayer) and then click the Current Button.

4. With NOTHING selected in the drawing (press ESC a few times), change the Linetype in the Linetype dropdown of the Properties Toolbar.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 7 of 7
pendean

Type CELTYPE at the commandline: you can look up how to use it in HELP in AutoCAD too 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report