Did you mean: 

Line weights Not Plotting

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
2571 Views, 12 Replies

Line weights Not Plotting

Hello,

This is my first post ever, I have been using Autodesk products since 1995.

I am have trouble with line weights not plotting. This is with AutoCad 2018. I like to use the scale line weights in the plot dialog to print large drawings on 11x17. It works fine when the file units are set to inches and the title block is drawn at 34x22. The problem I am having is when the file is set to metric. I have an ISO A1 border drawn at 841mm x 594mm. My file units are set to decimal and millimeters. The border is placed into layout space at 1:1. When setting up the page setups for full size PDF and for 11x17 print, The full size PDF is fine. I do not use the scale line weights, when setting up the 11x17 printer, I check on the scale line weights and fit page, when I go to the preview, there are no line weights at all. I use line weight by layer, I only use the default monochrome.ctb. I have both metric and imperial files set up the same, imperial file works fine. I did not have this problem with AC 2012 or 2013, then I jumped to 2018. I have been doing it this way for many years and now it does not work. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Chris

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Post a DWG file with the problem, let's all have a look.

Also ensure R2018 is fully patched with the 2018.0.2 fix.
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Thanks. Attached. This is strange, I can insert this same border into a file that has architectural units set to inches and it is also fine.

It is patched. I just installed it today. 

Chris

Message 4 of 13
Cadologist

I ran into this issue in 2015 (contacted Autodesk Technical Support) - talked to Zac Travis who confirmed that this issue began with the 2015 release. He stated that it was logged with 'Development' several months back (so early 2015) and that it has to do with the template chosen when starting the drawing. Drawings which began with ISO (Metric) templates have the issue (lost lineweights when the 'checkbox for scale lineweights is on). Drawings started with an imperial template have no issues.

Zac also stated that they (Development?) had yet to address teh behavior with a modification to the code, so the workaround was to uncheck the box for scale lineweights......

.... our internal solution was to create a HALF SIZE CTB file and when plotting 11x17, use that vs. trying to use a FULL SIZE CTB and the 'scale lineweights' checkbox. We had a complete loss of lineweights whenever the checkbox was toggled on (using metric templates). To date, we are still using a half size and a full size CTB (corporately).

Hope this helps, or at least provides some additional reference.....

Chad Franklin
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Cadologist

I started it with the basic acad.dwt. Maybe I will try it with an imperial and then change the units and see what happens.

Message 6 of 13
Cadologist

To add, I reviewed my technical support case and this issue was confirmed as a 'known defect' and it was also stated that when this issue gets corrected, an alert goes out to which I would be notified of the hotfix, etc.  To date, I have not received any updates (this was from May, 2015) so this may be an issue as yet unresolved for the current AutoCAD version (2018)?

If you do get this issue resolved, please reply back to this forum post as to benefit others searching the forums for answers. Good luck!!

Chad Franklin
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous

Thanks for the information. I tried this on my 2013 at home and It did not have the problem. I guess I will make a new ctb. I did not want to have to make one, ctb's other than the default ones just not necessary anymore.

Chris

Message 8 of 13
Cadologist

Yeah we had no issues in 2013 either, then when we upgraded our portfolio to the 2015 platform, boom the loss of line weights (everything defaulted to a thin line on output) occurred.

Chad Franklin

EESignature

Message 9 of 13
john.vellek

Hi @Cadologist,

Do you happen to have retained the case number for when you talked with Zac? I am trying to look up the case and defect to see if there is any progress but so far I have not found it.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 10 of 13
Cadologist
in reply to: john.vellek

Good Morning John, the case number I have for the Support case I filed is: [CaseNo:10687582.]

Chad Franklin

EESignature

Message 11 of 13
john.vellek

Thanks @Cadologist

This gives me a starting point 🙂

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 12 of 13
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

When you are plotting to ISO sheets, what does your CTB file use for pen settings? Are they set to MMs? Can you share a drawing file and the plot style you are using when this happens?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 13
ArchD

I had this issue at one time and was able to fix it by switching inches to mm in the plot scale area of the plot set up. Easy thing to overlook so you may have this set to mm already, if so, disregard.

Capture.PNG

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta