Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Line 2 bad when loading linetype in AutoCAD

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
360 Views, 6 Replies

Line 2 bad when loading linetype in AutoCAD

I am having trouble with loading line type Fencemark because when I do I get “bad definition of fencemark at line 2 of file Y:\....,(location of file).  What am I missing or not understanding? I get fencemark to work for individual drawing but can not network it across the other computers and drawing. Please help

chris 

@Anonymous, 

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: Line 2 bad

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I get fencemark to work for individual drawing but can not network

Which path is it where the linetype file is stored, any permission limits or some special characters in the folder name?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 7
DeeusJayus-ISX

If you can find the .lin file, open it and check to see what the linetype definition is using for the font or text style. 

For this linetype to load, the text style "STANDARD" must be in your drawing prior to loading it. (Standard can't be deleted from a dwg so it will work.)
*GAS_LINE,Gas line ----GAS----GAS----GAS----GAS----GAS----GAS--
A,.5,-.2,["GAS",STANDARD,S=.1,R=0.0,X=-0.1,Y=-.05],-.25

For this linetype to load, the text style "LINETYPE" must be in your drawing prior to loading it. It's not a standar ACAD text style name so if the dwg doesn't have it already defined, they linetype will fail to load.

*C_FENCE,Civil, Fence Line ----X----X----
A,0.25,-.035,["X",LINETYPE,S=.08,U=0,X=0.0,Y=-.04],-.085

This one calls a specific Alfred font file with the "ZIG" shape defined within it. This is what Alfred is referring to.
*ZIGZAG,Zig zag /\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
A,.0001,-.2,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,x=-.2,s=.2],-.4,[ZIG,ltypeshp.shx,r=180,x=.2,s=.2],-.2

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: DeeusJayus-ISX

Ok checked the path and changed, no special characters, the symbol is basic like ——— / /. The shape file will load from any computer but not the line type file.  Am new user so maybe it something simple or missing command, could I  be missing a setting? I know your suposse to load the shape file before the line type command, right?

Message 5 of 7
DeeusJayus-ISX

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok checked the path and changed, no special characters, the symbol is basic like ——— / /. The shape file will load from any computer but not the line type file.  Am new user so maybe it something simple or missing command, could I  be missing a setting? I know your suposse to load the shape file before the line type command, right?

I don't think you have to manually load the shape file before the LT, if the shape file is located in one of your support file path's. 

Were you able to locate and open the .lin file?  Can you post the two lines that make up that specific linetype definition as well as share the shape file it's looking for?

Message 6 of 7
scot-65

Shot in the dark...
Open the file in question and use the down arrow to go to the last line.
Did the blinking cursor stop on the {text-filled} second line?
If so, press the [End] key and then [Enter] to begin a new line.
Save the file.
The cursor should now be at position zero (0) of the third line.

???

Scot-65
A gift of extraordinary Common Sense does not require an Acronym Suffix to be added to my given name.

Message 7 of 7
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok checked the path and changed, no special characters, the symbol is basic like ——— / /. ….

It's not a question of whether there are any special  characters.  Even with ordinary  text characters embedded in complex linetypes, it's very likely a question of [to elaborate on what @DeeusJayus-ISX said in Message 3] whether the Text Style called for in the linetype definition  exists in the drawing.  When I get that message, it's always because I don't have a Style defined of the name specified for that linetype [whether it never was, or more often that it has been Purged].  That's not a function of Support File Search Path locations -- the Style must be defined within the current drawing.  And it doesn't matter what font  that Style has -- only that there's a Style with that name.

Kent Cooper, AIA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta