Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

light and render

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
Anonymous
623 Views, 13 Replies

light and render

Good evening. I have a problem when I effect the render with the lights and materials. In the final render the bright sphere is also seen. Can you tell me what there is of wrong in the formulations, considering that they have never appeared me?

3d coi materiali nuovo-Temp0013.pngImmagine.png

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I would like to try and help you with your rendering process. Can you tell me which version of AutoCAD you are using?  Also, if you attach your drawing I will be able to see if I can help improve the render quality for you.

Which Sphere are you referring to that shows up differently?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

the version of used autocad is 2017 (but the same happens with 2016)....the problem is not the quality of the render, but that the render also makes bright spheres given by the insertion of the punctual light

3d coi materiali nuovo-Temp0013.png

2.png

Message 4 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Is it possible to share your drawing?

Also, are the point lights representative of actual fixtures that are part of the facility or are they just put in for the rendering? I question as to why you would use Sun lighting instead for a more realistic lighting schema?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous

The lights represent the devices ( even if physically they are not included ) .... the sunlight is not active ( in that image I have not set render )

shared design

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous

to bypass the problem I created a solid with bright property because the punctual light (or the reflector and the photometric ) I still renders the solid bright andnot I understand why .

Message 7 of 14
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I have been playing with your model and I had a colleague do the same.  We are both curious still about the point lights. Have you considered using Web lights instead as you can actually assign a manufacturer's IES data and get much better results?  If you can give me a lighting spec I can try to help you find the IES files.

At any rate, my colleague suggest that the two point lights must be having some sort of reflection off of the self-illuminating materials in your model.

So, the consensus on this side of the world is to switch out to the web lights or even spot lights which will give you more control over the appearance.

Let me know if you would like to pursue this further.

John Vellek

Message 8 of 14
Anonymous

You, has tried with a fotometrica with file IES and the result you/he/she has been the same. Independently from the reflection (what I have removed because it is cement) I don't understand because the renderizzas the form of the light
Message 9 of 14
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am trying to understand why the lights are located at that height? Are they really located above the cement roof?

I tried changing the point lights that are centered over the roof area to web lights and selected a target (the floor). That seemed to help.

John Vellek

Message 10 of 14
Anonymous

No, if you put a side view you can see that actually the light ( see precisely the glyph ) is located under the concrete roof . when he realized he did not this problem ... it has happened now that I tried again to do it again
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous

ore21.png

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous

Immagine.png

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous

I SOLVED .... last night I had the light ( to stay in theme ) . I tried ( with the same file) to make the render with a previous version ( autocad 2014) and is coming as I expected . I think the bug is in the new setting autocad used to render in the new release and in that of 2016buono.pngcattivo.png

Message 14 of 14
Anonymous

I may have figured out what happened . Autodesk has decided , in 2015 , that the improvement of the render was naturally focused on lighting ( with the sun ) and not of the artificial one . I in the drawing with the 2014 version I used a punctual light (which is used for general lighting applications ) as if it were a lamp . in this case to an internal illumination ( eg a house ) it becomes complicated because for every lighting need a luminaire ( lamp ) . so , unless you use two relase (2014 and 2016 ) I think I will have to render to use an alternative program ( artlantis , cinema 4d etc )

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report