Did you mean: 

layout viewport

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1880 Views, 6 Replies

layout viewport

in layout viewport there is an option to create an object viewport. how can i create it? i was able to create rectangular or poligonal but not the object viewport.

also, once created, is it possible to move that viewport on paper? i click on the broder of viewport and i am able to manipulate the border of the viewport as i want but i can not just move the whole viewport

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jayhar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

<<<<<in layout viewport there is an option to create an object viewport. how can i create it? i was able to create rectangular or poligonal but not the object viewport.>>>>>

Yes, you can create an object viewport, rectangular or poligonal. see the options in Mview.

Command MV enter

MVIEW
Specify corner of viewport or [ON/OFF/Fit/Shadeplot/Lock/Object/Polygonal/Restore/LAyer/2/3/4] <Fit>:

<<<<<also, once created, is it possible to move that viewport on paper?>>>>>

Yes.

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists,

Please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

AutoCAD Certified Professional

Thanks You
Jayhar.M.J

Helpful Links: Prepare your computer for download |  Autodesk Virtual Agent | Clean Uninstall | Steps for Setting-Up Student Software

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 3 of 7
vladimir_michl

The Object option allows to create and clip a new viewport from an existing closed geometry - e.g. from a polyline.

As for manipulations - in paperspace (see the toggle in AutoCAD status bar), you move the whole viewport relatively to the paper sheet, while in modelspace (click inside the VP) you move the contents of the viewport.

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: vladimir_michl

yes i understand what object option is for but how do you do it? i select object option and then it tells me to select object but i can not select any object. i am in layout view.

and as for moving the viewports i didnt understand how to move still exactly

Message 5 of 7
jayhar

Hi,

<<<<yes i understand what object option is for but how do you do it? i select object option and then it tells me to select object but i can not select any object. i am in layout view.

and as for moving the viewports i didnt understand how to move still exactly>>>>>>

Let Check which viewport are selected & check how many viewports in Layout 

in layout, Commands> QSELECT> Object type> select viewport> Operator> Select all> ok

just check how many Viweports

Can you please upload Autocad 2013 format ????

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 6 of 7
vladimir_michl

Get familiar with the modelspace and paperspace concept. The source object for the layout view must be drawn in paperspace. And moving the existing viewport should also happen in paperspace (PS vs. MS - see the toggle in the status bar).

Vladimir Michl, www.cadstudio.cz  www.cadforum.cz

Message 7 of 7
neaton

See the attached screencast on creating viewports from objects. I created a circle and polyline object in paperspace then created the viewports using MV command. Notice the polyline needs to be a closed polyline which you can do from Properties or use the Close option when creating the polyline.

Nancy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta