Did you mean: 

Layout scale

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
ahmad12sl
4409 Views, 9 Replies

Layout scale

My drawing unit is ( mm ) when i scale it 1:5 in layout it shows (0.02000)

why it happens ?

how to solve the problem ?

Please see atteteched jpeg

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
john.laidler
in reply to: ahmad12sl

In AutoCAD type SCALELIST, what are the scale properties for 1:50?

1/50 is 0.02.

2016-10-26_7-44-29.jpg

John Laidler
AutoCAD, Inventor and Vault

Please use "Accept as Solution" & give "Kudos" if this response helped you.
Message 3 of 10
rkmcswain

Do you actually have a scale named "1:50"?
It's also possible that the scale factor is something like 0.020000001 or something off just a hair - hence that is why you see the decimal instead of the scale "name"
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 10
imadHabash

Hi,

I suggest to follow this way of scaling. after clicking inside VP do the Zoom command as :

Command: Z ZOOM
Specify corner of window, enter a scale factor (nX or nXP), or
[All/Center/Dynamic/Extents/Previous/Scale/Window/Object] <real time>: s
Enter a scale factor (nX or nXP): 20xp

Note:

to get the factor of #xp  follow :

scale 1 : 100     : 100 / 100   = 1 -------> 1xp

scale 1 : 1000   : 100 / 1000 = 0.1 -------> 0.1xp

scale 1 : 50       : 100 / 50     = 2 -------> 2xp

scale 1 : 5       : 100 / 5        = 20 -------> 20xp

Good Luck..

Message 5 of 10
rudi.roux

Hi @ahmad12sl

Apart from al the great answers already provided, I'm going to come in with a different angle to possibly explain how and why it happens.  

When you create a New Layout Viewport (let's just refer to the Rectangular Viewport for now), you'll see the extent of whatever is going on in the Model Space. You will be left with a "Standard Scale" of a random decimal "Custom" scaled viewport. e.g. 0.000475... It can really be anything, hence the "Custom" Scale.  

When you select a viewport (e.g. - your current drawing viewport) and then look at your Properties Pallet >> under Misc, you'll notice something similar to the image below:

3-scale.png  

And also a decimal scale like this: (1:25 is represented, 1/25 = 0.04)

4-scale.png 

I think, you're looking for a way to select a drawing scale of 1:10, 1:20 etc.

Simply select your desired scale in the "Standard Scale" drop-down list. You'll then be left with something like this below:  

1-scale.png

2-scale.png

If you then type in a decimal "Custom Scale" which is a standard scale in your SCALELISTEDIT, you'll notice that the format in your Properties Pallet and bottom quick reference will stay in your desired scaling format e.g. - 1:10, 1:20 etc. 

Just to clarify, test it by typing in 0.1 under your "Custom Scale", you'll then notice that your "Standard Scale" automatically adjusts to 1:10. 

You can add your own desired drawing scales like 1:25 as a test run as it does not form part of the standard drawing scales. 

I hope this helps Smiley Wink

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 6 of 10
ahmad12sl
in reply to: imadHabash

yep i did above but not work same as the image 0.2000

--

*P* Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary
Message 7 of 10
rudi.roux

@ahmad12sl, check to see if your 0.2 or 1:5 standard drawing scale wasn't deleted/altered for some reason. I just tested my above-mentioned explanation again and it works fine by following the exact steps. 

For testing, follow the steps below: 

Create a new layout viewport >> select the viewport >> adjust the standard scale to 1:100 in the dropdown >> now, type in a test decimal number of 0.2 >> your scale format should automatically adjust to 1:5. 

Rudi Roux
MSc | Digital Engineering Manager
LinkedIn
Revit Mechanical & Electrical Systems 2018 Certified Professional | Revit MEP & Architecture 2015 Certified Professional
AutoCAD 2015 Certified Professional | Autodesk Building Performance Analysis (BPA) Certificate

If this post resolved your issue, kindly Accept as the Solution below. Kudos are always welcome

Message 8 of 10
ahmad12sl
in reply to: rudi.roux

(now, type in a test decimal number of 0.2 >>)
where I have to type
--

*P* Save a tree. Don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary
Message 9 of 10
ahmad12sl

Thanks sir it working 

feeling good.Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 10
ahmad12sl

Properties Pallet >> under Misc shows different  (in layout & Model ) than which you sand is it a problem?

Attached jpeg file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost