Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Known point change coordinate

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
497 Views, 3 Replies

Known point change coordinate

I have a curb and gutter drawing in autocad. It was drawn using an unknown coordinate system (most likely started at zero, zero).

I would like to change the value of the coordinates to match my Surveying coordinate system).

I have a known point in the drawing, let’s say a building corner, with a coordinate 300, 200. And I would like to change it to 364112, 107765. And subsequently have all the other points change as well.

How do I do this. I know enough about autocad to be dangerous, so your step by step is helpful.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

MOVE command will do that . try to understand the issue after reading this link . >> Click <<

Command: m MOVE
Select objects: Specify opposite corner: 1 found

Select objects:
Specify base point or [Displacement] <Displacement>: select here your known building corner
Specify second point or <use first point as displacement>: @364112, 107765

Now all of your selected objects will move to the new coordinates that you need and choose . 

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: imadHabash

@imadHabash wrote:

Specify second point or <use first point as displacement>: @364112, 107765

….

If I understand correctly what the OP is after, that should be either:

A)  if Dynamic Input is on  [DYNMODE System Variable] in versions that have it, #364112, 107765, or:

B)  if Dynamic Input is off, or in versions old enough not to have it, just 364112, 107765 [without prefix].

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
jggerth
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Another thing the the OP needs to think about is orientation -- eg while one known coordinate will get you to the correct spot at one location, there's no reason whatsoever to assume that the X-Y directions are the same between the two schemes.  Best to have a minimum of two know coordinated, and to rotate after moving.  North is only occasionally North after all

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report