Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep removed things from block

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
718 Views, 3 Replies

Keep removed things from block

Hello.  I use edit block in place to remove things from block but when i remove object from block the object retain with this block only and deleted from other blocks 

The question is 

How i remove object from block but the object i remove remain in the drawing with the block i edit and other similar blocks ?? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

If I understand you right: 

- before editing the block insert an additional block reference anywhere in your drawing

- explode it

- remove all geometry of the exploded block without the geometry you want to keep. 

- Now you can (in place) edit a block reference and delete the geometry you want. This modification will affect all inserted block references. 

If my reply solves your problem, click the "accept as solution" button. This can help others find solutions faster

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

How i remove object from block but the object i remove remain in the drawing with the block i edit and other similar blocks ?? 

That is not possible in any direct way.

A workaround, cumbersome though it may be:  Remove the object from the Block, making sure you do it in an Insertion of it with scale factors of 1 and rotation of 0.  Then define a new BLOCK under a different name, whose contents are the edited Block and the removed object.  Then use BLOCKREPLACE to replace all occurrences of the original Block with the new Block.  Then EXPLODE all occurrences of that new Block, and what will remain at each occurrence will be the edited original Block and, independently, the removed object.  [You can then PURGE the new Block definition if you like.]

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report