Did you mean: 

Keep getting crashes

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
jeroendewind
629 Views, 14 Replies

Keep getting crashes

Hi,

Don't know if this is the right place to post, but let's hope so.

I keep getting differenct errors while using AutoCAD 2014. They vary from "FATAL ERROR" to "AutoCAD Alert, AutoCAD cannot continue" and a Windows pop-up with "AutoCAD Application has stopped working".

It's not the drawing that's corrupt. I did some purges, audits and c/p to new files. Also this happens while drawing in different *.dwg's and even different projects. I think it has something to do with opening and closing multiple files.

Someone who can help me fix this?

Thanks,

Jeroen

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15

Hi,

from all your screenshots the one with number 38 is the best, but don't scroll down, the topmost lines in that dialog are the ones we need to start.

• To your environment.
  • Do you have plain AutoCAD or a vertical?
  • Which service pack is installed
  • What operating system do you have
  • Which graphic card and driver version

And when it crashes, what are the commands or your last actions within AutoCAD?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 15

Hi,,

Next time I'll try to catch that on my screenshots. I mostly get fatal-errors now, so no more problem details on the pop-ups.

I'm using 'normal' AutoCAD, so no architecture or other version. Tho I got some extra toolbars and linked software connected.

At the moment I get updates for service pack 1, but that install keeps failing, so I guess no service pack?

I'm using Windows 7 and my graphic card is: NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800, driver version 8.15.11.8593, hope this is what you're looking for.

I think I figured out that allmost every crash has something to do with opening and closing drawings. It doesn't matter wich drawing in particular.

Thanks so far!

Message 4 of 15

Hi,

>> At the moment I get updates for service pack 1, but that install keeps failing, so I guess no service pack?

What message do you get?

>> allmost every crash has something to do with opening and closing drawings

Local files or files on network or in both cases?

Have you activated cloud-synchronization (command _OPTIONS ==> tab "Online")

Have you tried with disabled antivirus?

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 15

Hmm, I tried the install again (for the 3rd time) to capture what error I get, but now it finally worked.

All files are network files. I don't have cloud-synchronization enabled, since I'm not logged in wit Autodesk 360.

I don't have an anti-virus installed I think, its a bit 'strange' to explain since its all going via servers and network (also the AutoCAD validation)

Message 6 of 15

Hi,

>> I tried the install again [..] but now it finally worked.

Great, so let's see if the exceptions raising again...

>> All files are network files.

Well, then try to save locally for a test period just to see if the number of crashes are the same or less or more.

Also run with that drawings command _AUDIT to make sure they are clean of errors.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 15

Hi,

I just got another one, see attachement.

Message 8 of 15

Hi,

>> just got another one

Same error as you got previously?

Did you run _AUDIT with the drawing, did you try to save it locally (...as suggested before)

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 9 of 15

Still got the issue, really don't know what's going on.

Audits arent the problem, keep doing that but with no results. Not working on the network is not really an option, since all the files are shared and I can't keep versions for myself.

Message 10 of 15

Hi,

>> Not working on the network is not really an option

It shouldn't be an option for the daily work, but we are in the process of diagnosting the source of the issue.

And so it is an option just for a trial period to see if the crashes are the same working without network.

If you don't want to test this you might never be sure if it has something to do with the network.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 11 of 15

Yes, you are right about that. I'm gonna see what's possible to work with, while not working on the network.

Message 12 of 15
jeroendewind
in reply to: jeroendewind

I decided to give it a shot, but unfortunatly it has nothing to do with the network. Saved all my files on my desktop and worked with those DWG's.

Got 1 error yesterday, and this morning 2 more.

Think the best way is to reinstall the whole program (or update)

Message 13 of 15

Hi,

>> Got 1 error yesterday, and this morning 2 more.

I guess the same error?

And what did you do when AutoCAD crashed?

>> Think the best way is to reinstall the whole program (or update)

I would try the update way first, try to get rid of hte SP1 installation error and see if SP1 made things better.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 14 of 15

Hi again, and thanks for the replies so far!

>> Got 1 error yesterday, and this morning 2 more.

I guess the same error?

And what did you do when AutoCAD crashed?

Yes, still the same as described. Mostly it's AutoCAD has stopped working, but sometimes also FATAL ERROR.

>> Think the best way is to reinstall the whole program (or update)

I would try the update way first, try to get rid of hte SP1 installation error and see if SP1 made things better.

I got SP1 installed right now, so it makes no difference. I also had it when the problems started, so I guess getting rid of it doesn't help either.

Message 15 of 15
jeroendewind
in reply to: jeroendewind

I installed AutoCAD 2015 this week, but again today: 7 errors. I think it has something to do with my computer instead of AutoCAD I guess.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report