Keep block text horizontal while rotating a block

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
38304 Views, 16 Replies

Keep block text horizontal while rotating a block

Hello,

When rotating a block containing text, how do I keep text horizontal?

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Beau.armagnac
in reply to: Anonymous

It sounds like you would have to explode the block, then recreate it without the text. Or edit the block and take the text out. If the text is part of the block, it is going to move, scale, rotate, etc. along with the other elements that make up that block.

Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.

ECAD, Inc.
3748 N. Causeway Blvd.
Suite 301
Metairie, LA 70002
504-818-3091
Message 3 of 17
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> When rotating a block containing text, how do I keep text horizontal?

With attributes you can assign the attribute a textstyle which is set to be annotative and match text orientation to layout

20160609_2054.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 17
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Take a look at this prior post that addresses this very thing. In the bottom post there is even a sample block to play with.

@Alfred.NESWADBA is correct about the settings.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 17
john.vellek

Hi MSamer,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts fully solved your issue or answered your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 17

And this is why i come here! thanks for that tip!

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

This "Solution" doesn't seem to solve my problem, scouring similar posts and not finding the right answers. 

I created this dynamic block, and I too am having a problem where my text is rotating and not staying at 0 degrees. This happens in both Sheet space and model space.  In model space it will work if UCS is world, but any UCS rotation and the text is rotated too. 

I have tried "Match Text Orientation to Layout" checked and unchecked, I've tried the "Annotative" box above it checked and unchecked. What am I doing wrong?

I use Autocad LT 2019.

Please see enclosed examples.

Thank you if you can help!!!

Message 8 of 17
fkellogg

I have a nifty way of accomplishing this, if the text is simple and not variable (not an attribute).

I make a dimension within the Block, and strip it of all line work, down to the text only.

Edit the text to say whatever you need it to.Works for Flip actions, Rotates, etc.

Does not work if mirroring the block itself (-1.00 X value).

C.Frank

Message 9 of 17
fkellogg
in reply to: fkellogg

The text stays aligned with the dimension itself, does not stay Horizontal.

Cannot remember if there was a reason I had to go with that.

Beware, the block comes with Dimstyle and Textstyles.

Message 10 of 17

Hello,

I use AutoCAD 2022 version.
I do not have the option to match text orientation to the layout. I can set the text to be annotative, but there is no other box to check.
Message 11 of 17
pendean
in reply to: sergeneli1

@sergeneli1 wrote:
Hello,

I use AutoCAD 2022 version.
I do not have the option to match text orientation to the layout. I can set the text to be annotative, but there is no other box to check.

The topic here is about "text" inside BLOCKs, not just text entities in general: which exactly is your issue if I may ask? It looks like you are not talking about blocks at all, the topic of this post.

TIA

Message 12 of 17
sergeneli1
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I have a block that has attributes. It is an elevation tag. I want the orientation of the attributes to stay exactly as is when I rotate or mirror the block. Only the arrow should be rotating while the text (attribute) remains in the set orientation.
Message 13 of 17
pendean
in reply to: sergeneli1

@sergeneli1 wrote:
Yes, I have a block that has attributes. It is an elevation tag. I want the orientation of the attributes to stay exactly as is when I rotate or mirror the block. Only the arrow should be rotating while the text (attribute) remains in the set orientation.

Great: watch this instructional video on how to edit/change your block and attributes in BEDIT command to do that https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks-forum/dynamic-blocks-how-to-keep-attributes-horizontal... 

Message 14 of 17

Pls help me, I cannot rotate the letters when it's in blocks with the same block. I also tried the text style but i cannot open it. as seen on the photo. Do you know the solution for this? thanksScreenshot 2024-03-10 232703.png Screenshot 2024-03-10 232431.png

Message 15 of 17
Simon_Mathews

If not mistaken dont you use the ''point parameter" and the ''move action" on the text 

try this video ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGdOEHumVKQ&list=WL&index=11

Message 16 of 17
nkarlT547M

Is there any way to do this that does not make the text annotative?

Message 17 of 17
cadffm
in reply to: nkarlT547M

No.

Create Text on layout, in your paperspace, or use the annotation feature

Sebastian

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report