Did you mean: 

Issue with Custom Palettes

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
379 Views, 5 Replies

Issue with Custom Palettes

For some reason, when I import custom palettes to use at my job, they won't work correctly. I can import them just fine and they'll be pathed correctly, but when I actually click them to try to use them, nothing happens. I imported them in the same method as other users and tried a number of things to try to remedy the solution, but so far nothing has worked. I tried:

Restarting AutoCAD 2019
Restarting my PC 
Uninstalling/reinstalling AutoCAD 2019

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

So the problem is only with one single palette, but none of the others you have imported? If yes, what is special about these compared to the others?

Import from where? and how exactly?

If nothing happens when you click on one, is there n error message at the commandline? There always is something.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

The problem is with the ones I have imported. We has a server that we have everything stored on, and that's where I imported them from. I even tried to copy them to my Desktop and import them from there, but that didn't work either. The default palettes that come with AutoCAD work fine, but the ones I imported from my server/desktop do not work. They will show up in the palettes menu, but when I click on them, nothing happens. I get the error "Source drawing 'G:\Shared Tool Palettes\Angles.dwg' for block 'L6' not found."error.png

"G:\Shared Tool Palettes" Is where we store the palette files we use, and I checked the folder and Angles.dwg is in there. 

Message 4 of 6
pendean

Open ADCENTER
navigate to your "G:\Shared Tool Palettes" folder
right-click on that folder, and select CREATE TOOLPALETTE FOR BLOCKS

Now test your newly create TP: does it work?

Message 5 of 6
dmfrazier

Do you have a mapped drive "G" which contains the folder named in the message?

If not, then mapping that drive should resolve the error.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

It turns out that he was accessing the G Drive from a shortcut rather than a network drive, so I re-mapped the network drive and AutoCAD was able to map the drive, fixing the issue.

Thanks for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report