Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserted PDF polylines wont join

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
logan.waldo1
512 Views, 2 Replies

Inserted PDF polylines wont join

I have done some fairly detailed research on this issue, but none of the seemingly straight forward solutions have solved my problem. 

I imported a pdf which turned everything into polylines, arcs, etc. I am trying to join segments together to allow me to insert this dwg into Revit and make it under the 10,000 object limit (making it able to explode). 

I have tried using Join, Pedit, Flatten, I made sure everything was at the same elevation, and line type but nothing is working. I have attached my file for convenience.  Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated. 

Labels (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patchy
in reply to: logan.waldo1

There is no magic wand for this one, it got blown to pieces and not on separate layer.

Message 3 of 3
dbroad
in reply to: logan.waldo1

It's probably not worth the time or effort just to import it into Revit.  The alternative is to use both AutoCAD and Revit to print your sheets.

That said, your file has layers.  You can work layer by layer and use autoconstrain carefully to join up all the geometry that has become fragmented.  Your tolerances would need to be set pretty small (0.006 for example). Then use mpedit and the join option.  For autoconstrain, working in small chunks works best. Play around with the settings to avoid problems and delays.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory