Did you mean: 

insert block dialog box

25 REPLIES 25
SOLVED
Message 1 of 26
Anonymous
1662 Views, 25 Replies

insert block dialog box

in 2015 AutoCAD when we insert a block and use 0,0,0 default it does not accept it but instead places the block somewhere else on the face of the drawing. we double checked and it worked fine in AutoCAD 2012. Has anyone seen this issue and if so what did you do to correct it. 

25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

You will need to check and see if you are in Dynamic Mode or not.

Try #0,0,0 and see if that works.

Message 3 of 26
TheCADnoob

are you in a UCS or WCS when you place the block?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 4 of 26
imadHabash

Hi,

>> .. when we insert a block and use 0,0,0 default it does not accept ... <<

would you show us how did you insert it please?

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

screen shots attached, it is like it is ignoring the default insertion point. If I put a check box in the specify on screen it will behave correctly but if I uncheck the specify on screen it places it somehow in relationship to where the crosshairs are angled. 

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous

I had never added a # sign to the dialog box so I was surprised it even took it, anyway I attached a screen shot, it seemed to have no affect.

Message 7 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: TheCADnoob

the UCS is in world view

Message 8 of 26
imadHabash

That's it david.. when you uncheck the specify on screen the block will insert related to X,Y,Z coordinate value.so your insertion basepoint for the block must be always related to 0,0,0 coordinate. 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 9 of 26
imadHabash

i make this screencast to explain what i mean in my previous post #8. let your base-point for your block at 0,0,0.

Hope it's help..

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 10 of 26
Anonymous

so you could see from the screen shots, it placed the block above the title block area, I have been using AutoCAD since 1988, I know what it is supposed to do, what I am saying is it is ignoring the values 0,0,0 that the dialog box is saying is the default. Why would it ignore the default value or do I inadvertently have a variable turned on that would interfere with that. this is baffling to me.

Message 11 of 26
Anonymous

yes the base point for my block is 0,0 I was watching you do your video and hoping you would insert that block using the default 0,0 one time to make sure it worked but you didn't. Like I said, I double checked 2012 and everything works as it should. Normally we would be scripting so we would not see this issue so I don't know if it was working ok in 2015 when we first installed it or if somewhere along the way it quit working as it should. Again I will repeat myself because I want to be clear, the dialog box seems to be ignoring the 0,0,0 that is supposed to be the default. I have tried with scale factor of 8 and scale factor of 4, that also seemed to make no difference.

Message 12 of 26
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

What is your INSBASE set to?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 13 of 26
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Both the border and the title-D block use 0,0 as insbase. If I put a check in the check box and enter 0,0 as the insertion point everything works correctly. If I uncheck the check box and use the default (which is 0,0) the block is placed other than 0,0.

Message 14 of 26
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share some sample drawings so I can see what is happening?

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 15 of 26
Anonymous

sure, border and title block attached

Message 16 of 26
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

When I inserted both drawings into a new one in paperspace they came in perfectly regardless of whether I had the check box selected or unselected.

Are you inserting them into new drawings? Are the new drawings based on a clean template? Perhaps we can look at that file. IF you are putting these in existing drawings can you attach a sample one that misbehaves?

John Vellek

Message 17 of 26
Anonymous

sure, I am xrefing the border and inserting the title block, in the example I am using I am doing it in 2015 as a new drawing with the dwt file as my opening screen. Like I said, it works correctly in AutoCAD 2012 so it very well could be something in my dwt file.

Message 18 of 26
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

What is the setting for BASE in the drawing you are trying to insert the blocks into? I looked at your template and didn't see anything unusual in it.

John Vellek

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous

base is 0,0. I also tried putting a check in the explode box and when I did that I left the specify insertion point unchecked. the result was that the block came in exploded in the exact location it was supposed to.

It appears that the insert block command is interpreting the location of the mouse as part of the insert command rather than the default provided by the dialog box. The work around has been for us to put a check in the check box to specify location and then just put 0,0 at the command prompt for the insertion point.

Message 20 of 26
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Your last post makes me curious about what you said about the mouse position. Can you prepare a quick Screencast to show me how this is working on your computer?

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report