Did you mean: 

IMPORTING GOOGLE MAP TO AUTOCAD

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1409 Views, 3 Replies

IMPORTING GOOGLE MAP TO AUTOCAD

HI

Im just learning how to use an autocad and i just want to know is theres a way to correctly scale a map that i paste in autocad directly from googlemap..?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Murph_Map
in reply to: Anonymous

With pasting a map in you can use the "Scale" and "Rotate"commands to position the map as you need. With 2014/2015 versions you can use the on-line maps provided by BING and Microsoft. However you need to install the hot fix first. With the online maps you select where you want the map and it scales by the location and coordinate system. 

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 3 of 4
viet_protocad
in reply to: Murph_Map

Yes, you can use the "measure distance" command in Google and scale and align accordingly in CAD.

I just wrote a blog post on it:

Scaling from Google Maps

Message 4 of 4
nrz13
in reply to: viet_protocad

I just use the scale imprinted on the Google map and use the Reference option within the SCALE command.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report