Did you mean: 

Import Table 2011

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
cs2kplus
378 Views, 8 Replies

Import Table 2011

All,

I imported an Excel table by following something I found on the internet. I selected what I wanted from Excel and pasted special into autocad as "autocad entities".

Looks good. I put on a magenta layer...so lines are fine. But text is black. I check cell properties and it says its yellow.

What gives?

I want to format to yellow and change font....and maybe some other things like cell characteristics.

Wayne

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
pendean
in reply to: cs2kplus

Select all the cells in AutoCAD and use PROPERTIES to create the overrides you want. And any other cell setting.

Next time trough, start TABLSTYLE command, create the exact table settings you want/need before you bring in a table and you'll save yourself some time.
Message 3 of 9
cs2kplus
in reply to: pendean

I am unable to change properties of the black text. I have read its an issue embedded within the table. I tried doing from standrad table. No good. Says the text is yellow - and it ain't.

Message 4 of 9
pendean

Show me your table in a DWG format please, and point to the text you want to change.
Message 5 of 9
cs2kplus
in reply to: pendean

Dean,

Here is a sample drawing.

Wayne

Message 6 of 9
cs2kplus

Would like the text to be yellow. If I assign it......it stays black.

Message 7 of 9
Jonathan3891

You still have to setup the table style with desired text size, color, etc.

I would set the lines to magenta in the style, and put text to bylayer. Then place the table on my text layer.

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin
Message 8 of 9
cs2kplus
in reply to: Jonathan3891

I can put table on layer. But text is within table and remains black - regardless what color I assign.

Message 9 of 9
Jonathan3891

Can you attach the excel file?

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report