Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import SolidWorks assembly will not scale correctly - usual 'solved' solutions do not work. 2023

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
lynx20
180 Views, 1 Reply

Import SolidWorks assembly will not scale correctly - usual 'solved' solutions do not work. 2023

I am attempting to import several SolidWorks assemblies.  The problem is the bug introduced in 2020 is still around.  SolidWorks file drawn in inches.  dwt file is in inches.

Steps:

• Create a blank file using my standard 3d dwt.
  • Import a .SLDASM file.
  • The scale of the block is 0.0254.
  • Change the scale to 1.
  • Everything looks good.  Dimension of objects is correct.
  • Open the 1st level block.  Everything still looks good but every block within the block is scale 0.0254.  Open one of the blocks and all geometry is scaled down by 0.0254.  Remember, each screw or 3d object is a block.

I cannot upload a file.  Everything in the files are proprietary as well as the customers information that we are integrating.  I cannot create a demo file as that I do not have SolidWorks [another division in another country].

I have attempted the various ‘workaround’ including https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Blocks-xrefs-or-ra....  This creates a random scaled block at 1.0 in properties.  I exploded the block & scale to a known dimension.  Every block that was within the original block is 0.0254.

Yes, I could explode all block to solids and then scale up 39.370… but that would increase my time creating the permitting drawings from the model by 1000 fold.

Any solutions that do not involve modifying the various ‘units’ system variables?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: lynx20

@lynx20 ,

See this link:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report