Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to rotate model space without losing real coordinates?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
11872 Views, 3 Replies

How to rotate model space without losing real coordinates?

Hello, 

I have a drawing that is 8.0788 degrees off true north, and I would like to rotate the model space without losing the original coordinate data. I will be sending this drawing to a surveyor so it needs to stay exactly where it is with all its properties. 

I have tried Dview and Twist, which works, EXCEPT that when I go to draw anything (say a rectangle), it's still aligned to the original coordinates of the file. 

Does anyone have a solution to this? 

Thank you in advance!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Rotate and align your UCSicon to your drawing ( 8.0788 degrees ) or to the angle that you need ....  UCS command >> OBject , now type PLAN command then two enter . now you can continue your work . to get back to your origin angle type UCS command >> World . then PLAN command >> two enter . 

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 4

This is working great. Thank you.
Message 4 of 4
TomBeauford
in reply to: Anonymous

I added a macro to "Toggle between UCS View & UCS World"

^C^C(if(zerop (getvar 'worlducs))(command-s "UCS" "World")(command-s "UCS" "View")) 

Then added the string 

"$(if,$(getvar,worlducs),,$(if,$(getvar,viewdir),$(getvar,ucsname) ,Plan ))"

to MODEMACRO in my acaddoc.lsp file so the current View setting would be displayed on the status bar.

(setvar 'MODEMACRO
    (strcat
         "$(If,$(Eq,$(Getvar,dbmod),0),,* )" 	;The asterisk indicates the drawing has been modified.
;         "$(getvar,cprofile)" 				;Current Profile
;         ", $(getvar,wscurrent)"				;Current Workspace
         "$(getvar,textstyle) "
         "$(rtos, $(*, $(getvar,cannoscalevalue), $(getvar,textsize)), 2, 2) "
         "$(if,$(getvar,worlducs),,$(if,$(getvar,viewdir),$(getvar,ucsname) ,Plan ))" ;Thanks Kent Cooper
         "$(if,$(and,1,$(getvar,pickstyle)),,<Group off> )"
         "$(if,$(and,2,$(getvar,groupdisplaymode)),[Group] )"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,1,$(getvar,osmode)),E))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,2,$(getvar,osmode)),M))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,4,$(getvar,osmode)),C))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,8,$(getvar,osmode)),Nod))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,16,$(getvar,osmode)),Q))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,32,$(getvar,osmode)),Int))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,4096,$(getvar,osmode)),Ex))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,64,$(getvar,osmode)),Ins))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,128,$(getvar,osmode)),Per))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,256,$(getvar,osmode)),T))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,512,$(getvar,osmode)),Nea))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,2048,$(getvar,osmode)),A))"
         "$(if,$(and,16384,$(getvar,osmode)),,$(if,$(and,8192,$(getvar,osmode)),Par))"
         "$(if, $(!=, $(getvar,viewtwist), 0), Viewtwist: $(angtos, $(getvar,viewtwist) [, 0, 2]) , )"	;Thanks alanjt
         "$(if, $(!=, $(strlen,$(getvar,refeditname)), 0), Xref = $(getvar,refeditname))"
         "$(If,$(Eq,$(Getvar,PStyleMode),0),STB,CTB )"
         "$(if,$(>, $(getvar,dynmode), 0),$(if,$(=,$(getvar,dynpicoords),0),@,#),#)"	;Dynamic coordinate entry.
         " $(getvar, cmdnames)"
    )
)
64bit AutoCAD Map & Civil 3D 2023
Architecture Engineering & Construction Collection
Windows 10 Dell i7-12850HX 2.1 Ghz 12GB NVIDIA RTX A3000 12GB Graphics Adapter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report