How to remove frame border

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
8687 Views, 6 Replies

How to remove frame border

Hello, 

When I import drawing from model space to paper layout by using view port command, there always frame border also presence along with the drawing. Is there any shortcut method to import drawing only with out frame border.

Thank you

Sayem 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
S.Faris
in reply to: Anonymous

If by “FRAME” you are referring to VIEWPORT itself, you can place viewport in “defpoint” layer. so that even tough it will be visible in paperspace, it will not print. Or you can just create a new layer and put VIEWPORT in that layer and then turn off or freeze that layer.

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

If it's the viewport then I can't agree that putting the viewport to the "Defpoints"-layer as this layer is reserved for internal use only (and you can frustrate other users who want then to make the viewport visible on the plot).

Please create a layer, assign the viewport to this layer and make that layer not plotable (small printer icon on the layer should have small red "no" sign.

20190331_164530.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 7
Cadologist

Alfred is 100% correct using a Layer for your 'Viewports' and setting that layer to non-plot. Also, I completely agree to never place any entities on the DEFPOINTS layer.  A few years back I wrote a blog article on this, for additional information click the link below.

http://www.thecadcafe.com/2017/07/what-is-autocads-defpoints-layer-for.html

Key Reasons to not use DEFPOINTS:

1. If layer 0 ever gets frozen, everything that is on the Defpoints layer is no longer selectable. This might not seem like a big deal, but if you have ever dealt with this and are not aware of it you can waste considerable time trying to figure out why you can't select anything, not to mention if you are working in a project team and someone else will be using the drawing it can be even more confusing for them.
  2. Running the AUDIT command will create a new layer called $AUDIT-BAD-LAYER and place everything that was on the Defpoints layer onto this new layer. The previous non-plotting objects will now plot as they are no longer on a non-plot layer anymore.

Chad Franklin
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
s.borello

I recommend creating a layer called "VIEWPORT" and setting it to non-plot.  I would not use the defpoint layer  for your viewport or drawing things... that's really not what the definition point layer is for. 

Message 6 of 7
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Cadologist

@Cadologist wrote:

1. If layer 0 ever gets frozen, everything that is on the Defpoints layer is no longer selectable. ....

In addition to not being able to select  things on it, you won't be able to Object-Snap  to anything on that Layer, either.  AND, the same is true if Layer 0 is merely turned off  [which, for example, will often happen as a result of the LAYISO command], not just if it's frozen.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 7 of 7
BeKirra

FYI

If you use AutoCAD mechanical version, it will automatically assign your viewport(s) to layer "am_VIEWS" that is not printable.

This info may also benefit other users.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report