How to open parasolid x_t file from Autocad

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
36493 Views, 9 Replies

How to open parasolid x_t file from Autocad

Hi,

I am trying to open parasolid x_t extension file from autocad 2016 (either electrical or mechanical), but no luck. Do have any guidance to open or convert this x_t to dwg file.

Thank you

Ty

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Parasolid (*.x_t) are Parasolid text files, are they not?

You need Autodesk INVENTOR to import them flawlessly I believe if nothing comes in with AutoCAD's IMPORT command.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Hi Dean,

I tried to use Autodesk Inventor too, but I could not open it either.

Tks

Ty

Message 4 of 10
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I think you should be able to open them in Fusion 360.  Here is an article that describes the process. You are welcome to attach a file and i can give it a try as well.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 10
BeKirra

I use the same version of AutoCAD and I had x_t files without any issues - AutoCAD may take a longer time to get it open, it depends on the file size.

Is your file damaged?

And other thought is that the version of x_t - I could be wrong.

Is your x_t file the latest version? Can AutoCAD mech 2016 open the latest version of x_t?

= = = = = = =

From HELP:

"Import" command.

In Files of type, select the file format to import. In File Name, select the file name to import. The file is imported into the drawing.
The following formats are available for import for AutoCAD.

JT (*.ij)

Parasolid (*.x_b)

Parasolid (*.x_t)

Pro/ENGINEER (*.prt*; *.asm*)

Pro/ENGINEER Granite (*.g)

= = = = = = =

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 10
pendean

Your file may be damaged: post it here for others to try and confirm if it is.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

John,

I included the *x_t file  if you can open it and covert it to dwg file.

Thank you.

Message 8 of 10
john.vellek

Hi Thuan,

I was able to import this file into AutoCAD 2018 very quickly without any errors being reported. I have attached my drawing file for you to examine.

Capture.PNG

Capture1.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous

John,

Thank you

Ty

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Hello,

I am also attempting to open a Parasolid file in AutoCAD and am getting an error that my file is an unsupported version and that I must have V7 or V8 files. How do I force Solidworks to generate V7 or V8 files?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report