Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to edit title block template in AutoCAD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
8030 Views, 4 Replies

How to edit title block template in AutoCAD

New to AutoCAD here. I'm doing a school project and I used the ANSI B template with the title block. I pasted the title block as a block onto one of my layouts. The top has a weird white space that I can't get to go away (see picture). I thought it would go away once I plotted the layout but it's still showing up on the pdf file after I plot it. Also, I can't figure out how to edit the header text. Like instead of saying "KEY MAP" I want it to say something else. I tried using the DDEDIT command in block editor but it doesn't have the header text as an option to edit so I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Weird white space at the top of the title block that I can't get to go awayWeird white space at the top of the title block that I can't get to go away

@Anonymous

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: How to edit title block template

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

Please upload your drawing file here. You may clean up your drawing if you don't want to share any specified contents.

However, command find can allow you to replace "Key Map" with any text you desired.

HTH

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 5
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I am not sure what you mean by the white space at the top but I imagine that you might want to be changing the size of the paper margins.  To do this you can go into the Page Setup that is applied to your layout and then edit the "printer" properties. Go to the ANSI B paper size and adjust the margins (perhaps to 0" margins).  Save the changes and you should be able to enlarge the titleblock to fill the paper more efficiently.

As far as the text in the titleblock goes, try to use BE (BlockEdit) and then double click the text. Does it open a text editor? If not, can you select the text, rt-click and view its properties? Perhaps it is a nested block.

If you can share your file, I am happy to take a look at it for you.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 5
ChicagoLooper

That top weird white space titled 'MB Designs' is a dedicated space for a logo, such as the logo for MB Designs. Legend area is for the drawing's legend. The key map is for another viewport with a zoomed out view, such as a zoomed out view of a city with an arrow pointing to your specific house within that great big city.

You can't get rid of that weird space unless you 'edit' the block. Right click on the block and select 'block editor.' In the block editor, delete the title MB Designs and drag or move the 'Legend' title up so it occupies the former space where MB Designs used to be. This will make your legend area taller, which is perfectly OK. When you exit the block editor, be sure to SAVE your modifications so your title block will update with the taller & expanded legend area.

To get 'one-up' on your classmates, just change MB to your initials so it displays <your initals> Designs, giving the impression you own a design firm which you named after your self. Haha. Then use your creativity to design your firm's logo and place it in that 'weird space.' Your titlleblock will look better and you'll let your instructor know you've gained knowledge on titleblock manipulationSmiley Happy 

Chicagolooper
Message 5 of 5
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am coming back to your thread to see if the issue or question you posed has been resolved.  If so, please mark the post or posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists, please give me a bit more detail on this issue and perhaps share your titleblock drawing so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups