Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to convert a segment of polyline into arc?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
CADangrybird
7229 Views, 8 Replies

how to convert a segment of polyline into arc?

from line to arc? just for a section of polyline. thanks

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi,

select the polyline, that gives you grips, also on the midpoints of the straight segments.

Place your cursor on one of the midpoint-grips (without clicking) ==> you'll get a context menu with "convert to arc" 😉

20171127_222834.png

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 9

What if the menu disappears before I can click that. I just installed a GeForce GT720 and a Samsung 860EVO, and now it does this. Any fix?

Message 4 of 9

I'd like to know how to activate this with regular command entry but I'm afraid it's a "mouse only command" forcing users to move the crosshair away from the stuff your working on. The ** CONVERT TO ARC ** entry can't be typed unfortunatelly

Maybe a lisp can do that? Does anyone know if such a lisp exists?

Message 5 of 9

@marcel.vandenoosterkamp wrote:

.... The ** CONVERT TO ARC ** entry can't be typed unfortunatelly ....

That's not true for me.  When the context menu is showing as in @Alfred.NESWADBA 's image, type C.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 6 of 9

@quadracycle4000don't wait for the menu to appear, just click on the polyline grip and then hit CTRL key on the keyboard. This will circle through the polyline edit options in real time.

My personal blog - AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D hidden Secrets and great tips in one place -

https://skillamplifier.com/

Amplify your skills to a new level!

Message 7 of 9

Thanks, I didn't know that. In the end I altered the resolution of the window to match the new resolution from the graphics card.
Message 8 of 9

Thank you very much Zlatislav!! That does the magic for me. A bit odd that the convert to arc isn't an option in the polyedit but hey, we can't have it all can we? 😉

Message 9 of 9

You are absolutely right! After some time using this CTRL key trick, it is now my second nature! 🙂

My personal blog - AutoCAD and AutoCAD Civil 3D hidden Secrets and great tips in one place -

https://skillamplifier.com/

Amplify your skills to a new level!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost