How to assign different colors of block in different layouts

22 REPLIES 22
SOLVED
Message 1 of 23
dj_aikinasco_ey
2921 Views, 22 Replies

How to assign different colors of block in different layouts

Hello all,

Is it possible to create a block to which a different color according to a different layout to be assigned.
For example:
I have a rectangle which I want to be black in Layout №1, Blue in Layout №2 and red in Layout №3.

If that rectangle is a block, drawn in Layer 1, which is black, I could draw another rectangle over the current one in Layer 2 and "by block" as a color. Then in the model space I can color the block in blue (or any other color). After that I can chose in Layout №1 the rectangle to be black  (the layer 2 should be swiched off in Layout №1) and for Layout №2  the rectangle can be blue (or any another color) - I just have to turn off the layer 1 from Layout №2 and turn on the layer 2).
But how can I achieve in Layout №3 the block to be deifferent color compared with Layout №1 and Layout №2?

22 REPLIES 22
Message 21 of 23
ВeekeeCZ
in reply to: dj_aikinasco_ey

Or... if you prefer to work from Model so much, you can combine both methods. Layerstates and VP Color Overrides.

See the screencast HERE 

Save current layer state in model, apply into Layer as VP Overrides. And backward - save layer state in Layout, apply into Model. 

All is possible. But it's important to make a system and follow the rules to not get lost in complexity.

Message 22 of 23

Thank you very much for all solutions!

I will try to combine with layerstate function.

Message 23 of 23
sbezusconoks
in reply to: jtohill

How did you resolved that? 

Tags (3)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report