Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to anchor/attach line between vetrices from different object without distorting the object

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
wangcincay
270 Views, 1 Reply

How to anchor/attach line between vetrices from different object without distorting the object

i'm trying to use autocad to arrange countries based on their border.

i made the box and text into group for each country. and i need a way to create line to show network between country border, so i can select the country and move it however i please-- while stretching the network/line.

1st method: i used dimension, and the line anchor between the 2 countries vertices, however, as i add more line to the same vetrices, when i move the object, some lines don't attach while some do. i used snap tool, i think i might not properly snap the end of the line to the country. tl;dr problem is that the vertrices of each country gets bulky and doesnt attach for some reason.

2nd method: i used coincidence parametric. i create a line with the ends not attached to anything, then i used coindicence and click one end of the line and the vertex of the country. this move the line to attach to the country instead of stretching it. and then i selected the other end and use coincidence parametric and connected it to the other country, and it distorted the box instead of stretching the line.

how do i keep the countries undisturbed while attaching miltiple lines to a single vertex on the country's rectangle and being able to stretch the line when i move the country?

Screenshot (23).png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Hi,

>> 2nd method: i used coincidence parametric

I would have tried this as first attempt too ... and saw then that it's difficult to only use this one item and leave the other rectangles at their place.

I understand the dimension issue too, however you can make sure which endpoint the dimension snaps to and then all dimensions should follow the rectangles. When placing the dimension endpoint then make sure your cursor is placed at a position where it's above a rectangle line ... and not touching a dimension when clicking. Then the dimensions endpoint knows that it has to follow the rectangle.

It might help to activate ANNOMONITOR to find none associative dimensions.

BTW: why not just connecting the objects with lines and then using command _STRETCH instead of move?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report