Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find the name of missing shx files in a drawing?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
robert.danskin
1045 Views, 3 Replies

How do I find the name of missing shx files in a drawing?

I have received a drawing from a contractor, when opening the drawing, it says missing shx files.  Is there a way to tell the contractor the name of the missing shx files or do I just need to request all of the shx files they used?  Also, are missing shx files specifying for fonts, or do shx files also mean linetypes? 

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

You can tell them to use ETRANSMIT to send you the drawing, which should include all the fonts used along with it.

.SHX fonts don't "mean" linetypes, but their presence or absence affects them -- if a linetype has any embedded text element(s), you will need to have the font file(s) used in the Style(s) called for in the text element(s).

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 3 of 4
pendean
in reply to: robert.danskin

Ask the contractor a screenshot of the error message, and ask them to send you what you need.
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

>> Is there a way to tell the contractor the name of the missing shx files

When you get the message about missing SHX you can answer the dialog with "specify a replacement ...." and there you get each of the missing SHX-files shown (while you can select any other SHX-file to define the replacement and go through each file then)

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report