Hole Placement

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
651 Views, 3 Replies

Hole Placement

Hi

I'm attempting to draw a part and I've already drawn the body and revolved it, and now I would like to put:

1. a 1.6mm hole through its length (A-A)

2. some flats on the middle radius

3. a tapered hole running from flat to flat

I have attached a file which should have the part on it

The issue I'm having is that whenever I go to place a hole, the hole will always face in the one direction, which seems to be running parallel with the centre of the part. Is there any way I can get around this or this just an oddity of the program? 

Also, how would I go about doing the tapered hole? It's about 0.1mm diameter for every 1mm in length. something like a 3 degree included angle

Thanks

Warwick

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> 1. a 1.6mm hole through its length (A-A) <<

draw the hole circle directly at the edge while Dynamic ucs is ON ( F6 ) which will make you able to draw on active solid plane. then use PRESSPULL command after picking inside the circle and take the cursor to the other edge to make your needed hole .

>> 3. a tapered hole running from flat to flat <<

if i understand well ... you can look at 3D commands exist in 3D Tools tab and try taper faces command . just try to stop at any command to find a tutorial  image or clip that will appear to help you ( see below image ) . 

tgtgtg.png

Regards,

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

I tried to do the through hole and I still ended up with the same problem.

I did have dynamics UCS on but it was still aligning itself perpendicular to the face I wanted it to go on

Message 4 of 4
leeminardi
in reply to: Anonymous

Another way to create the hole down the length of the revolved outline is to include the hole with the outline.  In the picture below the red line is the axis of revolution.

r1.JPG

Or you can position a cylinder down the length and subtract it.

For the flats just subtract a box.

r2.JPG

To create the tapered hole revolve a triangle (or create a cone) and then subtract it from the part.

r3.JPG

lee.minardi

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report