Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP: Why Cant I extend down a line to draw another from it and why won't my lines intersect on 3D?

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Anonymous
612 Views, 9 Replies

HELP: Why Cant I extend down a line to draw another from it and why won't my lines intersect on 3D?

Hi, 

Currently trying to draw a 3D model of a piece of furniture however my lines won't intersect and I can't extended down a line to draw another line from it. For example, I have drew my lines of the outer shape of the furniture but when I am trying to add detail which needs to intersect a line its not working as well as not being able to extend down the line to get the correct starting point of my line. Any suggestions? Thankyou!

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 13.39.14.png

Labels (2)
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

we need your CAD dwg file itself to give a proper answer , would you please attache it ?

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi, 

I have attached below. This is an image of what I am trying to make into a 3D drawing. 

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 12.44.17.png

Message 4 of 10
imadHabash

Hi,

as i expect ... you're draw an isometric with 3d environment !!! if do you want to draw a 3d model in AutoCAD you have to use 3d commands like ( Extrude , Presspull , ....etc ) . i suggest to to start use ISODRAFT command to do your job and without changing your ucs . come back please with your feedback to give you more help . 🙂

BTW ... you can extrude your previous attached plan in one click if you need it as 3d solid object.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Hey, 

Thanks for that. Although, I am very new to AutoCAD so I have no idea what to do or what some things mean so you will have to bare with me. What is the UCS? And what is isometric?

This is how I want my desired outcome to look. So it is 3D but still in a line format. What would you recommend is best to do?

Thank you very much!

Screenshot 2020-11-16 at 12.41.49.png

Message 6 of 10
Patchy

Try PRESSPULL command, it will give you 3d, isometric takes too much time and it's only for presentation of 3d view, pretty much was used for hand drafting. With capability of 3d from Autocad, why not use it.

Presspull.jpg

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Hey, 

Thanks for that I will use this! How did you get the image to go from being horizontal toi vertical ?

Message 8 of 10
Patchy

When you completed the plan view of the cabinet, change your view in the VIEWCUBE to see it in 3d.

Use PRESSPULL to the height you want.

then use either command 3drotate or rotate 3d and rotate the model to have it standing up.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thank you very much for your help!

Message 10 of 10
Patchy

👍

Come back if you need more help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report