Help please! Same line types display different in other file

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
3594 Views, 11 Replies

Help please! Same line types display different in other file

Hello All,

I tried this one week ago at the AutoCad Mechanical Forum (here), but no one answered, so I´m trying again

a few years ago an external CAD guy created some "standard" files for us.

At the moment there is one file (Refenz_ZG_2019) that is used to create drawings for offers and one file (Referenz_ZG) that is used for the actual construction and production process (not really the ideal way, I know..).

Now I am trying to mold those two files into one, so everyone works with the same settings. At the moment if you copy anything from one "offer drawing" into a production drawing all the lines will change there type and look.

I already found out how to create Layers, manage them, add line types, link them with layers.

But I have the issue that I can't copy a line with the same line type and same settings. It displays completely different at the other file.

For example on layer "Biegen" with line type ACAD_ISO03W100 I draw a line (1000mm) in "Referenz_ZG" and it displays with nice small "pieces". If I copy this line into "Referenz_ZG_2019" it displays completely different as only two big stripes.

Does anybody see my mistake?

Thanks in advance!!

Jannek

As I´m still unable to upload the files, please check my OneDrive, where I uploaded those two files (here).

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
S.Faris
in reply to: Anonymous

Change the LTS scale to 1 in your Referenz_ZG_2019 file

1. type LTS (enter)
  2. type 1 (enter)

The LTS in your Referenz_ZG is 1 and 25 in Referenz_ZG_2019. 

Refer more here : LTSCALE

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: S.Faris

Thank you!

That was far easier than expected.

Is it possible to see this in the feature pop-up?

Message 4 of 12
S.Faris

"Is it possible to see this in the feature pop-up?" I didn't get it. What did you mean?

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

I just wondered if I could have seen this "LTSCALE" somewhere in the properties, for example the property pop-up if you select a line and click "properties".

Message 6 of 12
S.Faris

You can find the LTS as shown below.

Load Linetype.png

Linetype Manager.png

Keep in mind that LTS(LTSCALE) is Global Scale and changing the value of LTS will have it's effect on every linetype used in the project. 

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

I don't have that Linetype information underneath the layer, but going straight to Linetype Manager has the same effect.

The hint with the Global style was good, I realised, that this doesn't work with the other lines.

But changing the Current Object Scale helped!

Thanks again for your help!

Message 8 of 12
S.Faris

There are 2 more ways to do this, if you want to do it for specific linetype or specific elements

Specific Elements

1. Select the elements
  2. Open Properties
  3. Change Linetype Scale as required (in your case LTS is 25 so 1/25=0.04)

Specific Linetype

1. Type LT(enter)(Linetype Manager)
  2. Select the Linetype you want to change the scale of
  3. Click on Show Details
  4. Change the Current object scale as required
  5. This will only apply to the elements drawn after this. 

SALMANUL FARIS

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous

That is exactly what I need, thanks!

Message 10 of 12
cadffm

@Anonymous 

Du solltest dich mit folgenden Dingen auseinandersetzen:

LTSCALE

Und der Objekt-Linientypfaktor (CELTSCALE der aktuelle Vorgabewert für neue Objekte)

MSLTSCALE (hier geht es nur um die Darstellung bei Verwendung der Beschriftungsfunktion)

MEASUREMENT (als letztes Thema, hier geht es um metrische oder britishe Schraffur und Linientypdefinitionen)

PSLTSCALE (dabei geht es nur um die Layoutbereiche)

Für den metrischen Bereich hast du measurement auf 1 und die Linientypdefinitionen aus der ACADISO.LIN geladen.

(Hinweis vorab: In vorhandenen Dateien sollte man measurement nicht einfach umstellen wenn einem die Folgen noch nicht bekannt sind, denn für gewöhnlich sind Linientyp- und Schraffuren nachzubearbeiten)

Sebastian

Message 11 of 12
cadffm
in reply to: cadffm

Ach und wenn es dann ans plotten geht und man Plotstiltabellen einsetzt,

dann noch die Möglichkeit beachten nicht-iso Linientypen auch dort noch einen Faktor

zuordnen zu können! (Register allgemein im Plotstiltabellen-Editor).

Aber dann hast du so ziemlich alles wissenswerte über die Einstellungen im Sack.

Sebastian

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Vielen Dank für die Hinweise!

Ich werde mich dann auch nochmal mit den allgemeinen "Knowledge" Artikeln auseinandersetzen, um die Themen komplett zu verstehen.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

State of Sustainability Webinar

AutoCAD Inside the Factory