Did you mean: 

Hatches and hiden lines at paper screen

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
624 Views, 6 Replies

Hatches and hiden lines at paper screen

Hi everyone. This is my frist post in this forum.

In this file the hatches from section planes are shown correctly, but not exactly the haches, because they are above the hatches, even if at the model they are in front ou at back of the section plane.How I'd likeHow I'd like

What happensWhat happens

If we look at the second picture, the superior view has hidden lines in front of the hatch, but they shouldn't be there because they are in front, not at back of the hatched region. At the same picture, the hatched region has the hidden lines shown, but this messes the drawing, so I'd like to hide them at these regions.

Also, to make theses section cuts I had to make two section planes at the same position, and attribute to them the same identifier, and from the above view, get the isometric view. Is there a not kludge way to have 3 different views from the same cut plane?

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Sorry. Where i wrote: "In this file the hatches from section planes are shown correctly, but not exactly the haches, because they are above the hatches, even if at the model they are in front ou at back of the section plane."

I meant: In this file the hatches from section planes are shown correctly, but not exactly the hidden lines, because they are above the hatches, even if at the model they are in front ou at back of the section plane.

Message 3 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

This is a order of display settings for your hatch using HPDRAWORDER. You will want to move the hatch to the front etc. 

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: natasha.l

Sorry, I didn't said that these pictures are at the layout screen, not the model. I plan make these 2D drawings at the layout screen always.

I tested all the possible values for HPDRAWORDER and DRAWORDERCTL, but the drawings remain the same, with no changes at all.

Message 5 of 7
natasha.l

Hello @Anonymous, 

I would assume each one of these drawings has its own Viewport. You can have these dash lines on a specific layer & freeze that layer for that Viewport (VP Freeze).

Please "Accept Solution" if a reply or replies have helped resolve the issue or answered your question, to help others in the community.

Message 6 of 7
neaton

You can't turn off the hidden lines in only part of a baseview. A workaround is to select the hatch and from the right-click menu select "Generate boundary". This will create a polyline around the baseview hatch that can then be hatched with a solid fill and color 255. In the plot style set color 255 to Grayscale = On or 10% screen and it will print white. Use Draw Order to rearrange the generated boundary to the front and the solid hatch below the baseview hatch. The solid hatch looks gray below but prints white.

Hatching a base view to hide hidden lines.PNGColor 255 plot setup.PNG

Nancy

@Anonymous wrote:

I tested all the possible values for HPDRAWORDER and DRAWORDERCTL, but the drawings remain the same, with no changes at all

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I'm haveing a subject where I have to do a lot of AutoCAD drawings, and the teacher said that in real projects is better draw in 2D, because correct all errors consumes much time, which leads me to use the viewports.

The course is still at the beginning, so i was advised to use the model tab instead of the layout tab.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report