Hatch with Rounded Edges

20 REPLIES 20
SOLVED
Message 1 of 21
Anonymous
3378 Views, 20 Replies

Hatch with Rounded Edges

Please refer to the attached files. 

Capture.JPG is a visual of the problem i am experiencing. As you can see the True Color Hatch I am using has rounded edges and exceeds the line work.

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

I have attached the CAD file i am using if you would like to try it out a method to fix said issue.

Thank you to anyone for can help me.

20 REPLIES 20
Message 2 of 21
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Don't use true color that's all and you'll have option to make them square ends

Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

I was hoping to avoid that. We use True Colors to illustrate the Brickwork color for our clients visual.

Message 4 of 21
imadHabash

Hi,

if i understand your need....this is a Lineweight issue and you can fix it by making LWDISPLAY = OFF.

Command: LWDISPLAY
Enter new value for LWDISPLAY <OFF>:

lwd.png

Regards,

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

My LWDISPLAY was already set to OFF.

MY issue is with the attached file. IF you look towards the area in the red circle. i do not want those round edges to display & pint

Message 6 of 21
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Did your question get answered in this thread? If so, please mark the post(s) as Solutions in order to help other community members.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 21
jggerth

I'm presuming that the image is a pic of your final output, not the onscreen display in CAD.

If that's the case, edit your CTB / STB file and check the Line End Style settings in the plot style editor.

Message 8 of 21
Kent1Cooper

@Patchy wrote:

Don't use true color that's all and you'll have option to make them square ends

In Plotting, you can designate the shape of line ends [the "Butt" option would be what you want for this] for the 1-255 colors, but not for True Colors.  HOWEVER, note that one of the options is to use the object's line end style.  For objects with lineweight, this tells how to assign them a line end style.  Presumably that ought to apply even to True Color objects, though I haven't experimented with it -- does that do the trick for a True Color Hatch pattern?

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 9 of 21
Patchy
in reply to: jggerth

But there is no option for square ends if the color is True Color

Unless in newer versions of Autocad has changed, I just don't see it.

Capture.JPG

Message 10 of 21
jggerth

Patchy -- you are correct -- not a option for TrueType using CTB plotting.  I don't typically use use STB, but possibly the 'line end' can be set there?

Message 11 of 21
jggerth

Patchy -- you are correct -- not a option for TrueType using CTB plotting.  I don't typically use use STB, but possibly the 'line end' can be set there?

alternative would be to use thinner lines grouped together to 'fake' a fat line.  They'd still be rounded ends, but a lot smaller.  

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: jggerth

If only AutoCAD allowed the same options for True Colors!

The Colored Line work you see in my Drawings is a Hatch, with a thickness added to the hatch to illustrate brickwork.

In doing so the thickness is so thick that it has a very rounded end finish.

If anyone wants to test out the file i attached above "test.DWG" maybe they can play with the file and see what works?

Someone who knows a lot more about AutoCAD then me obviously.

Thanks everyone for the help so far.

Message 13 of 21
Kent1Cooper
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

@Kent1Cooper wrote:

In Plotting, you can designate the shape of line ends [the "Butt" option would be what you want for this] for the 1-255 colors, but not for True Colors.  HOWEVER, note that one of the options is to use the object's line end style.  For objects with lineweight, this tells how to assign them a line end style.  ....

Looking more closely, that so-called Help item doesn't really say how to do it as an object property even though it uses that very wording.  I tried what it says, picking Butt for the line end style in the Plot Style Editor without any 1-255 color selected, but it didn't do the trick.  I was hoping to find something about it on these Forums, but there may not actually be a way -- I found this thread with exactly the same question, and no answer -- just a workaround about using Polylines with width, which in this OP's case would mean Exploding the Hatch pattern and converting all the pieces to Polylines.  I did check the No-this-didn't-help thing on that "Help" page, and described the issue.  But I don't know how to expect any notification if there is a way that none of us seem to have been able to find.
Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
in reply to: Kent1Cooper

OK no worries then just one of those issues that don't always have an answer.

I will go with the Polyline Trick you suggest for the letterbox, at 1:50 scale i believe this will help. At 1:100 the hatch works fine with a .5 line at the boundary of each hatch.

Thank you everyone who assisted in trying fix this problem. Hopefully AutoCAD's next version can fix this.

Message 15 of 21
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

As far as I know, you can't really do this with True Color lines. Perhaps if the condition allowed you could place a wipeout on the ends or place another object over the ends and bring it to the front with Draw Order.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 16 of 21
dbroad

Todd,

If you need a true color plot but do not need a true color screen display, just add or edit a plot style and pick a true color mapping to the index colors.  Every index color can be mapped to a true color.  This would allow you to have line end styles that you want and have true color plots.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 17 of 21
john.vellek
in reply to: dbroad

Hi @dbroad,

Duh! of course! Excellent answer.

John Vellek

Message 18 of 21
Patchy

Duh! me brain dead ☺

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous

Ok everyone else seems to be able to make it work but me?

See the attached file "Capture 1", i made the layer Index Color 10, then changed the Color Control to the Selected True Color i wanted.

See the attached file "Capture 2", i then changed the CTB Line end style to "Butt"

See the attached file "Model (1)", i did not work for me.

Have i done something wrong?

Message 20 of 21
Patchy

Capture 1.JPGCapture 2.JPG

I change the hatch to color 100 then modify the color in the plot style

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report