Did you mean: 

Hatch solid color not showing up autocad 2020

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jeff
3574 Views, 6 Replies

Hatch solid color not showing up autocad 2020

I am trying to hatch boxes in my drawing.  The color does not show up when selecting solid hatch.  The box is still black.  The patterns show up if I use any other type of pattern other than solid.  I have searched the forum looking for an answer with no success.

I am grateful to any help given.

Thank you,

Jeff Otto

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
cadffm
in reply to: jeff

If you talk about preview and plot, 

and if you have another software(AutoCAD for MAC, here is Autocad "for Windows")

Is your transparency level 90? Try 60 for a plot.

- Sebastian -
Message 3 of 7
jeff
in reply to: cadffm

It does not show color hatch in box with transparency at any value.

Thank you,

Jeff Otto

Message 4 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I am trying to hatch boxes in my drawing

In general: To see a box filled I would use a visual style like "Conceptual" or "Realistic" which shows the content in a rendered style.

As one guess: hatching an object (in 3D space) means you need first to set the UCS to the plane where your object to hatch is placed. So for your 6 sides of the box you'll need 6 different UCS to hatch all sides.

20200321_210723_0001.png

You might also upload the dwg-file so we see why your hatches don't show up.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 7
jeff
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I am drawing on z axis of 0.  I attached a copy of dwg file.  There is a large box and a smaller box next to each other.  I hatched both.  They both appear black.  The smaller box has to be hatched in the drawing. I have green and yellow boxes to hatch.  I also have a block with reference material in it.  The boxes noting layers are also black.  When I go into block editor, they show the correct colors.

Here is a link if you would like to view: https://drive.autodesk.com/de29d2110/g/shares/SH56a43QTfd62c1cd968dfd845593e0f162e

Thank you so much for helping me.  I am a self taught autocad user and am probably making some elementary error.  

Jeff Otto

Oak Hill Model Railroad Track Supply LLC

Tags (1)
Message 6 of 7
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

please change your visual style to "2D Wireframe", it is set to "Hidden".

BTW:
>> There is a large box

Box is a 3D object, not a rectangle (in terms of AutoCAD) 😉

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 7
jeff
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Alfred,  Thank you very much!  I knew it was something simple.  I will have to write that down on my notes in case it ever happens again.

Have a great rest of your weekend!

Jeff Otto

Owner

Oak Hill Model Railroad Track Supply LLC

www.ohrtracksupply.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost