oholteyE3GGM
6597 Views, 11 Replies

Hatch "acad.pat" Can't find file

I get a series of notification when trying to do a hatch 

1) "acad.pat" Can't find file

2) Unable to open file: acad.pat, Error = 1

3) No standard patterns available

Then the Hatch and Gradient window opens

I have confirmed the is a pat file in the support folder but not sure how to confirm where it is looking or how to change where it is look.  

Please advise.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
Cadologist
in reply to: oholteyE3GGM

Check this link to be 100% sure the Support Folder is present under Options --> Files --> Support File Search Path. Can also mean a corrupt AutoCAD profile...

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/acad-p...

Chad Franklin
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12

Hi,

if the ACAD.PAT is in the correct folder, but can't be found, then reset your AutoCAD profile to default.

To see if AutoCAD can find the file you can use this LISP statement:

(findfile "acad.pat")

To reset the settings to default you can follow these steps >>>click<<<

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 12
oholteyE3GGM
in reply to: Cadologist

Thanks.  The support path wasn't 100% correct.  But now that I have that fixed the Hatch and Gradient box pops up in order to create hatching.  Is this new for 2019?  In the past I have.  Typed "hatch", picked the boundary area, and then edited the hatch if the default was not the one I wanted. That was it.

This new way seems to add unnecessary steps. 

Also where is the hatch ribbon located?

Message 5 of 12
Cadologist

I tested this in 2017 and also 2019 just now.... typing HATCH or BHATCH, then creating the hatch in the designated area, no issue. Clicking on the hatch opens the contextual ribbon with the hatch selection/config area. The hatch ribbon should open automatically when you select a hatch in your drawing.

Check the CUI under Ribbon -- Contextual Tab States to ensure the Hatch Creation Contextual Tab is set to display 'Full with focus'. If that is correct and the hatch ribbon still won't display when you select a hatch entity, you may need to a 'restore to defaults' workflow.

Another thing to check is the system variables HPDLGMODE and RIBBONSTATE, might be the issue here - LINK BELOW.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/Displa...

Chad Franklin
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 12
oholteyE3GGM

Thanks I set HPDLGMODE to 2 and it works like it always has.  No dialogue box.

Message 7 of 12
OrkBuild

I'm having similar issues with Acad LT 2022. When trying to hatch I get the message ' "acadltiso.pat" can't find file'. Then it says 'No standard patterns available'. Can anyone tell me how to sort this? In laymans terms, please!

Message 8 of 12
Cadologist
in reply to: OrkBuild

Check to see if the 'acadltiso.pat' file is not missing in the following folder on the computer displaying the error messsage:

• C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\AutoCAD LT 2022\R##.#\enu\Support 

Note: I do not have AutoCAD LT installed, so the exact name of the folder(s) may vary slightly, however, that is the location where the .pat files would be present.

Edit: review the information in the following link: Default Hatch Patterns are not available... https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/defaul...

Chad Franklin

EESignature

Message 9 of 12
OrkBuild

Hi Cadologist (Advocate)
Thanks for your response. I've just checked and there are no .pat files at that location. Do you know how I could add it, please?
Message 10 of 12
cadffm

Hi,

If these file are missing there, I guess there are more files missing.. 😕

You should start a 'Repair install' on windows.

- - -

Or just what you ask for:

Copy the whole content from

c:\Program Files\Autodesk\{AutoCAD LT nnnn}\UserDataCache\{cc-cc}\Support\

to

C:\Users\{UserID}\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\{AutoCAD LT nnnn}\{Rnn}\{lang}\Support\

WITHOUT overwrite existing files

- Sebastian -
Message 11 of 12
pendean

@OrkBuild wrote:

... I get the message ' "acadltiso.pat" can't find file'. Then it says 'No standard patterns available'. 

You need to try this first

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r...

If that did not help, do this 

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-r...

Then... installed the 2022.1.2 Update: get it from your Autodesk Account Page here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services/updates

IMPORTANT STEP: Restart your PC afterwards.

Message 12 of 12
OrkBuild
in reply to: pendean

Hi pendean,

Resetting the settings to default worked. 

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost