Hatch Creation ribbon is stuck on

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
637 Views, 7 Replies

Hatch Creation ribbon is stuck on

Hi Everyone,

I had a crash while creating a hatch. I recovered the drawing file and the "Hatch Creation" ribbon is stuck on. Clicking the "Close Hatch Creation" button repeats the last input command almost like hitting the enter key. 

I have tried the following to fix the problem:

1. Recover Drawing

2. Delete hatch object that caused the crash

3. Purge & Audit

4. DXF Out, Purge & Audit DXF

5. Changing workspaces

6. Closing & reopening the ribbon

7. Saving the file as a different name & opening

Nothing has solved this issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Eddie

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Is this problem happening only with the one file? Does it also have any attachments/xrefs?  Is it possible to share the file(s) with me? If the file needs to be private, please send to me at john.vellek@autodesk.com and include a link to this thread in your email.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Were you able to get this working? I haven't seen you come back to the thread.  If you still need help with the file, please attach it to a post so I can take a look.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

I should mark this as completed. I did eventually figure it out. As silly as it is, I just created another hatch object and then it closed it out on the ribbon. Sometimes the solution to a problem is the simplest thing that you don't think of right away, I suppose. 

Message 5 of 8
sneedb01

For some reason when I try to add a hatch my hatch command will not stop... I tried creating another object hatch no luck... this is really frustrating.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sneedb01

Have you tried turning your hardware acceleration off? 

Message 7 of 8
sneedb01

Yes // no luck still stuck in the twilight zone

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: sneedb01

If I remember correctly, I entered the hatch command in the prompt and then selected an object to hatch. It then fixed itself. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta