Did you mean: 

Grips missing on xclips

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
coleHP6KN
1490 Views, 11 Replies

Grips missing on xclips

The grips on my xclips have gone missing.  I've set xclipframe variable to 1, but that hasn't solved the issue.

Anybody have/solve this problem before?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
whamlin
in reply to: coleHP6KN

May I suggest going to Settings, Selection, Grips, and trying the different Check Boxes?

Message 3 of 12
coleHP6KN

In my Options menu I opened the Selection tab. 

Under Grips, every checkbox option is checked. 

Yet still only one grip appears when I select an xclip. 

I want the 4 grips that used to be on the corners of the clip to appear.

Is there a reason they went away?  Is there a way to restore them?

Message 4 of 12
coleHP6KN
in reply to: whamlin

In my Options menu I opened the Selection tab. 

Under Grips, every checkbox option is checked. 

Yet still only one grip appears when I select an xclip. 

I want the 4 grips that used to be on the corners of the clip to appear.

Is there a reason they went away?  Is there a way to restore them?

Message 5 of 12
pendean

@coleHP6KN Do more: thaw/turn on /unlock all of your layers, all of them, then REGENALL and try again. You might need to zoom in/out significantly if still nothing is visible.

HTH
Message 6 of 12
coleHP6KN
in reply to: pendean

All layers are unlocked.  After "regenall" still only one main grip appears.  I've opened a different file and the selected xclips show a main grip plus the 4 on each corner.  So it must be something specific to the file?

Message 7 of 12
pendean

I asked you do more than just unlock layers, did you? They were just as important, you can't just do a partial and hope for the best. Try again. If you are only in a viewport/layout and see this issue, you might have to change all the VP-column settings to on/visible in LAYER command as well from inside the viewport(s) in question.

AFTER all of that, if still a problem, then you'll need to fix the file(s): here is ho, for all files involved, start with the XREF(s) first https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/AutoCA...

If you find all of this too hard to follow or to do, you'll need to share all affected files here (top and XREFs) for others to do it all and find out more. If that is not an option, you'll have to reach out to Autodesk Support as explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/users-software/support-options#:~....

HTH
Message 8 of 12
coleHP6KN
in reply to: pendean

Yes, I did thaw/turn on /unlock all of the layers, all of them, then REGENALL and tried again.  And I did zoom in/out significantly.   The problem is not that NO grips appear, but that only ONE main grip appears.  The other 4 grips a the corners of the xclip still do not appear.

I don't believe the file is corrupt.  So I just did a save-as from a file that works properly and copied in my linework.  My new xclips in this file are working fine.  So I'm just going to delete the file where the xclip grips are not all showing.  Problem not solved exactly as I'd hoped, but my work around will have to suffice.

Thank you!

Message 9 of 12
jcarter33T87

This is so strange!!  I have AutoCAD MEP on one machine and regular AutoCAD on another.  The XCLIP grips show up on the MEP machine, but not on the CAD machine.  All settings are identical.  I do not get it. 

Message 10 of 12
CoryStation

I did a regenall and all my Xrefs disappeared. I repathed them and when they showed back up the grips were back.

Message 11 of 12
janishbacker

Has your issue been resolved? I am having the same!

Message 12 of 12
richld
in reply to: janishbacker

Just had this issue. Frameselection got set to 0.

Fix it by setting to 1

Frameselection

Controls whether the hidden frame of an image, underlay, clipped xref, or wipeout can be selected.

Value Description
0 Hidden frames cannot be selected.
1 Hidden frames can be selected.

NOTE: The FRAME system variable controls whether frames of all types are displayed or hidden.

The PREVIEWFILTER system variable may prevent the frame from redisplaying during selection preview, but the frame can still be selected.

Enjoy!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report