ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Grey lines in print

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
studiomeyer
378 Views, 7 Replies

Grey lines in print

Hi, I have a problem with printing to PDF and also directly sending a file to my printer, and also to various printers in the copyshop. All letters and numbers  appear black. However, all the lines set to black (or white, or 0,0,0) appear in a dark grey. I tried to change scale, set a different width to each layer, changed the plot style, plotted to pdf, exported to pdf... The PDF looks all right, but in the actual plot the lines are never really black. This appears to older files, too, when I print them (drawings that had been printed correctly before).

Sorry not the best photo.. numbers are black and walls are supposed to be with black lines and hatch in dark grey.

I would be very grateful if someone could help me!

Labels (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: studiomeyer

@studiomeyer ,

Start with the suggestions in this link:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 8
studiomeyer
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Thank you, I have tried all of these, but no success. The strange thing is that the PDF file looks correct, but the print does not....

Message 4 of 8
Valentin-WSP

@studiomeyer ,

If its a printer issue, 

• Check you ink cartridge
  • Check its not on Draft or Grayscale
  • Provide your printer model for more suggestion

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 5 of 8
studiomeyer
in reply to: Valentin-WSP

Thank you, it is not the printer- I tried other printers as well and
sent the file to a professional copyshop. Is there a global setting for
line transparency or something I have missed?
Message 6 of 8
Valentin-WSP

@studiomeyer ,

Did the professional copy-shop have the same issue?  Even with a correct PDF?

Provide the PDF and the CAD drawing for everyone to provide more options.

Emilio Valentin
Message 7 of 8
pendean

Share a small portion of your DWG file (use etransmit command) plus share a PDF from it that does this "gray lines" thing to all of your printers over here for others to check your work from your files please.

We all plot black lines to PDF and printers all day long with few issues so it will be hard for us to see what might be your trouble.

If you cannot share anything like that, go back to your CAD Manager or owner or IT person and you all huddle up together to come up with a solution to share content here please.
Message 8 of 8
TheCADnoob

can you share one of the problem drawings?

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report