Did you mean: 

Graphic/visualization problem when drawing with a pointcloud attached

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
316 Views, 2 Replies

Graphic/visualization problem when drawing with a pointcloud attached

Dear Forum,

I have encountered a rather peculiar problem which never happened to me before. I am usually drawing floor plans and sections based on ReCap  point cloud. I imported points from a *.txt file with a size of 180MB. When drawing with the point cloud attached, it's really hard to handle even basic functions  like strech, extend, fillet, etc. When zooming in and out at a normal scale, my vector drawing starts 'shaking' up and down left to the right....My splines are not at all smooth. I attached a couple of screenshots. Any suggestions are welcome. I am using AutoCAD 2016. Thank you!!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG4.JPG

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
ennujozlagam
in reply to: Anonymous

try to set your VIEWRES to 20000 and untick hardware accelerations from options and see if helps. thanks

grt.JPG

Remember : without the difficult times in your LIFE, you wouldn't be who you are today. Be grateful for the good and the bad. ANGER doesn't solve anything. It builds nothing, but it can destroy everything...
Please mark this response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question. Kudos gladly accepted.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: ennujozlagam

Hi, 

Thank you for your answer.Unfortunately, the problem persists. Moreover, I cannot disable the Hardware Accelation because I am using an *RCP pointcloud.

Still looking for a solution.

Thanks,

Paulina

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report