Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geolocation Map Update?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1699 Views, 7 Replies

Geolocation Map Update?

I have AutoCAD 2016. I have been using the geolocation feature to create a new drawing of my city right of ways for GIS uses. The map that I have pulled up is a few years old. I would like to have an updated map version so that the drawings will be accurate. Is there a way to get the latest version of the geolocation map? I have read different articles about Bing providing the maps but this hasn't been updated since before 2014.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

There is no free update: you'll have to purchase a 3rd party mapping service contract for the latest/greatest maps.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

That is unfortunate. Thank you for the response. What 3rd party groups are there that can provide this? And will this work with my version of AutoCAD?

Message 4 of 8
Pointdump

Trey,

Most government entities, city, county, state, have websites with free GIS data including current aerials and parcel linework. (They keep aerials current to catch building permit violations)

You might want to get Map 3D to make even greater use of all the GIS data out there.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 5 of 8
1OO2OO3OO4OO

I have AutoCAD 2021. I have been using the geolocation feature to create a new drawing of my city right of ways for GIS uses. The map that I have pulled up is a few years old. I would like to have an updated map version so that the drawings will be accurate. Is there a way to get the latest version of the geolocation map? I have read different articles about Bing providing the maps but this hasn't been updated since before 2014.

Message 6 of 8
jggerth

As @Pointdump suggested, use Map3D instead,  Aerials are available from many municipalities and counties, and multiple DOT agencies make them available.

Message 7 of 8
nalimaakono.o.lomujalamoi

Thank you for the question. It's exactly my question. Did you find a solution?

Odeng

Message 8 of 8

@nalimaakono.o.lomujalamoi wrote:

Thank you for the question. It's exactly my question. Did you find a solution?

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-forum/geolocation-map-update/m-p/11116822#M1077795

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report