Geolocation issues

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
rog1n
1055 Views, 3 Replies

Geolocation issues

Hello,

I dont know if a bug or I done something wrong.

When I create a new DWG file with geolocation in AutoCAD 2018 or 2020 and draw a polyline like the image below.

AUTOCAD 2018/2020AUTOCAD 2018/2020

Open the same file in AutoCAD CIVIL 3D 2020, the polyline is in the same position but the background map is displaced, like the image below.

AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2020AUTOCAD CIVIL 3D 2020

If I reopen the file in AutoCAD 2020 now the background is equal CIVIL 3D, but if I open in AutoCAD 2018 the background continue different.

new.png

I checked and the position correct of geolocation is equal CIVIL 3D.

It is a problem/bug AutoCAD or I am doing something wrong?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: rog1n

Is the original line in the first photo drawn in AutoCAD or Civil 3D? You sound like you want your line work to be accurately referenced against 'known' features in the real world. If that's the case then use Civil 3D or Map 3D exclusively making sure you assign a coordinate system such as to your drawing. 

Chicagolooper
Message 3 of 4
rog1n
in reply to: ChicagoLooper

Hi, the first line is drawed on AutoCAD then opened on CIVIL 3D, you are right about I wanted but both version of autocad have the tool Geolocation why have this displacement?

Message 4 of 4
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: rog1n

You should use Civil 3D or Map 3D because both these programs allow you  to ‘assign’ a coordinate system to modelspace. The geolocation tool is not the same as as an assigned coordinate system. 

Chicagolooper

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta