Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Geo referencing Images

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
311 Views, 2 Replies

Geo referencing Images

I'm using AutoCAD 2019 and having issues inserting ".tif" images that I have corresponding ".tfw" files for. I have been attempting to insert the ".tfw" information manually in order to give coordinates to the pictures correctly, however, whenever I end up inserting the images they always end on top of one another. Any help would be appreciated, thanks so much. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

automatic usage of TFW files (world file for TIF) is only implemeted for AutoCAD Map 3D, Autodesk Civil 3D or in case you have installed RasterDesign.

Vanilla AutoCAD does not have the option, you might find a 3rd party app working with that (like >>>this<<<).

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
tboehler
in reply to: Anonymous

I have manually placed the image using the TFW file info in the past - in plain AutoCAD.  

Open the *.tfw file in notepad,  you will see coordinate info (last 2 lines) for the upper left corner of the image and other numbers (rotation and scale).

Explained here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_file

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report