From Revit to AutoCAD: Project Base Point

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
531 Views, 1 Reply

From Revit to AutoCAD: Project Base Point

Good morning everyone, 

quick question. I've been given a model, in DWG, that I believe comes from a Revit file. They've also given me a coordinate system, I believe, that I've attached in this post.

The building is at 0,0,0, and I need to place it according to those coordinates I've attached. The thing is, I have no idea of what the coordinates mean in regards to autocad. Should I move the drawing just by that quantity? What does the Angle to True North mean? 

Thanks for your time and for any insight you might have, 

Regards, 

Brais

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Never mind, matter solved. The coordinate system means that you have to move the building in the same amount those coordinates tell you, and rotate it if necessary, always according to the system units you are working with. 

For instance, the Project Base Point I attached in the previous message was: N/S 182401455.6; E/W 532497813.2, and the Angle to true north was 252.541 degrees. I rotated the drawing by -252.541 (the minus is due to balancing the original rotation that the building has), and then moved it by those quantities in the positive x and y axis. Positive because that's what the units were, indicating the drawing to be somewhere in the Northeast.

I changed the units though, dividing the numbers by 1000. This is due to the units used in revit and the ones used in AutoCAD. 

Thanks for your time reading this, 

Brais

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report