Did you mean: 

Freezing during MOVE command with complex object

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
855 Views, 2 Replies

Freezing during MOVE command with complex object

Hi

I am trying to align bolts with holes using the MOVE command.

Trouble is that the holes are part of an object with a lot of complex geometry.  Whenever I try to select a second base point (e.g. hole centre) to complete the move, ACAD freezes for several minutes and I have to abort the move.  Moving objects and aligning them to a feature on other, more simple parts is not a problem, just this one complex part (see image).

The complex part was converted from a STEP to a DWG with Integrator, then attached via XREF.  Once positioned, the object was bound (BIND) to the working file.

Bolts to be aligned to holesBolts to be aligned to holes   Detail of complex partDetail of complex part

I have already deleted all constraints and all xrefs have been bound (BIND) into the drawing.

Is there something I should do to simplify the operation so that I can complete the MOVE action and align the bolts to their holes?

Thanks,

sam

AutoCAD 2019.1.2 / Win10 / Surface Book 2

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jayhar
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I am sharing my Experiences. same issue of me Freezing during MOVE command with object. if working continue it be fatal error unhandled exception 

Causes:-                                                                          Solution :-

1. GRAPHICSCONFIG                                     Turn Off (depending on your product version)

2. SELECTIONCYCLING                                                      <0>     

3. Visual Effects                                                          2d wire frame

4. HPMAXLINES                                                Reduce the value of the AutoCAD

5. Corrupt file using multi person                         EXPORTTOAUTOCAD

6. SELECTIONPREVIEW                                                     <2>

7. TOOLTIPS                                                                        <0>

These settings will help AutoCAD fast. or you can copy/past to new CAD file.

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly. If your issue persists,

Please give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Thanks You
Jayhar.M.J

Helpful Links: Prepare your computer for download |  Autodesk Virtual Agent | Clean Uninstall | Steps for Setting-Up Student Software

Please Subscribe YouTube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCclj8v9vHQiFa8_DriuAk3w

Please Mark the Post or Posts as Solution(s) to help others find the answer quickly.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jayhar

thanks jahar - unfortunately none of these changes has resolved the freeze issue.

I suspect the issue is related to the fact that the component's original STEP file does not export from Integrator as a solid, but as a surface.  Every other component exports as a solid and does not have this issue with freezing.

/sam

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta