Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find window column sorting not working

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
Anonymous
2469 Views, 26 Replies

Find window column sorting not working

Using Autocad 2016 on Windows 10.  Trying to use the find command and be able to sort the results.  In previous versions you could click at the top of each column and sort by that column.  This does not seem to be working.  Is this a 2016 thing? or possibly a windows 10 issue? or just a bug?

26 REPLIES 26
Message 2 of 27
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Works fine in R2016 and Win7 in a quick test here: is it the 1 and 10 sorting problem that you see?
Message 3 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

If I click on for instance the text column in this example nothing happens at all.  All other commands seem to be working, but it will not resort the items in the column like it would in the past, it simply does nothing.

Message 4 of 27
Anonymous

Tried Autocad 2017 today to see if it was simply an issue with 2016 on Windows 10 however the same problem persists.

Message 5 of 27
pendean

You may have missed what I posted earlier, is the problem the numbers are not in order? as in 10 is not after 9? Otherwise, here, today, right now, 2016 and 2017 act the same.

2016.PNG

2017.PNG

Message 6 of 27
Anonymous

Yes, completely missed what you were asking.  And yes the issue is that it will not re-order the items, whether that is alphabetically or numerically. 

Message 7 of 27
pendean

Wonder why it's working for me (see my screenshots): or did I get that wrong?
Message 8 of 27
Anonymous

The only thing I can figure is that it's a windows 10 compatability issue. 

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous

I am having the same problem using AutoCAD Map 2015 and Windows 10.  I think it is a Windows 10 compatibility issue.  With Windows 7 there was no problem but since upgrading to Win10 a few weeks ago, my "find" results will no longer sort when I click the column heading.  The only change has been in my OS, no other changes.

Message 10 of 27
mkoeninger

I'm using AutoCAD 2016 running on Windows 7 and it sorted fine yesterday, but when I restarted AutoCAD later in the day, it stopped sorting.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: mkoeninger

Same problem for me today (ACAD 2015 SP2 Win 7). Was working earlier in my session, just stopped working on the next drawing i sued the command on.

Message 12 of 27
Anonymous

ACAD restart seems to have fixed it. FIND list sort now working again.
Message 13 of 27
mkoeninger

I tried restarting AutoCAD (closing and restarting) the day that it happened, and that didn't fix the problem.  I did try today and it is working.  That leads me to believe that restarting the computer fixed it.

Thanks

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
in reply to: mkoeninger

Restarting either the program or the system does not have any effect on this working when operating on a Windows 10 system.  The sort function does not work inside the Find command window.  This is a major issue when trying to work in large drawings that may have hundreds of similarly named items.

Message 15 of 27
Anonymous

I also have this problem. Started happening after upgrading to Windows 10. Sort still works fine on my Windows 7 machine.

Message 16 of 27
pumillerku

Per an Autodesk Customer Support representative, this is a problem in 2015-2017 caused by a Microsoft upgrade.  It will be corrected in AutoCAD 2018.  They are unsure if there will be a hotfix for 2017.

Message 17 of 27
BIMologist_
in reply to: pumillerku

I checked it on AutoCAD LT 2018 and still have the issue on Windows 10 Creators update.

Lets see if @john.vellek can follow-up on this old thread.

BIMologist / Dr. Revit
Approved Autodesk Services Marketplace provider - BIM Consulting

EESignature

If you find this reply helpful, please use the Accept Solution or Like button below
Message 18 of 27
mkoeninger
in reply to: BIMologist_

Same here.

Message 19 of 27
john.vellek
in reply to: BIMologist_

Hi Nauman,

Thanks for including me in this thread. I too am able to duplicate this behavior in AutoCAD 2018 and LT when installed on Windows 10. I will check with the Dev Team to see if there is any resolution or workarounds available.

In the mean time, I suggest a search in the Autodesk App Store. It appears there are some Find/Replace tools available and some are free. It would be interesting to see if they behave better than the built-in tool. I will try to explore this myself as well.

Thanks again for the heads-up!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 20 of 27
BjoernH
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi,

so, is there a solution to this problem?

I searched this topic quite a while ago because coworkers had the problem. I was fortunately working on 2013LT without problems.

Back then it was proposed to maybe fix the issue with ACAD 2018.

Still working without problems on LT but would realy like to use my x-thousend Euro ACAD 2017/18.

How is it possible not to be able to do s.th. so basic as to sort a column?

It's impossible to sift through 2000 numbered blocks without sorting them.

Very dissapointed, hoping for solution.

(By the way: as 2013LT is working, it is not a windows problem)

Kind regards, Bjoern

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report