Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find and Replace with multiple entries?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
375 Views, 6 Replies

Find and Replace with multiple entries?

What I am trying to do is use Find and Replace to search for a couple block attributes at a time. i.e. I can find C4 or 10'-0" but I want to find only instances that contain both attributes. Is this possible?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Why not use QSELECT or FILTER commands instead if your intent is only to "find only"?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Neither of those options will let me drill down to the actual value of the attributes.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Message 4 of 7
pendean

drill down? Post a DWG file and explain please.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Okay, attached is the file I am currently checking.

My piece-marks are blocks with attributes used for the data extraction.

Capture1.JPGI am checking this drawing for accuracy and want to find all the (C4)11'-0" occurrences. The mark has attributes for C4 and 11'-0". I can find either but not both. I have an attribute that has fields that pulls all this information into the actual mark (C4)11'-0". That attribute has fields in it and is not searchable.

Capture2.JPG If I run my field to text lisp I can search exactly what I need but then I lose the functionality of the fields in that attribute.

This is why I am trying to figure out a way to search attribute content for both C4 and 11'-0", so I don't have to run the lisp, find and replace then undo back before the lisp. Just trying to streamline the work flow.

Message 6 of 7
pendean

Thanks for finally revealing these are FIELD objects and not just "attributes": would have made answering a lot quicker and earlier 🙂

A field is not static text, so it is not searchable with the built-in tools that simply look for static text. Not sure if there is a solution, but it might be worth taking your last post as written to create a new post in one or more of the Customizations forums over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-customization/ct-p/AutoCADTopic1

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

I was hoping there was a way I could search a couple of the attributes to work around the one with the fields...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report