Did you mean: 

Find and replace in blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
luigiverdenico
978 Views, 2 Replies

Find and replace in blocks

Hi all,

I want apply the command "find and replace" to change text in a block. The text in question is not an attribute but a normal text. After applying the command, the text is changed but if I enter in the block, the previous text is still displayed. Is there any autocad system variable to change?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
vinodkl
in reply to: luigiverdenico

Hi,

while using "FIND" click on the arrow on the bottom left and check if you have option "Search blocks" highlighted. If you don't have this highlighted it will find and replace the text inside the blocks.

vinodkl_0-1590128049930.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 3 of 3
EricDonaldJones
in reply to: vinodkl

This command works well and does the job of replacing the text of that block and its visibility states within that dwg, however, it does not redefine (save) the block. So if you were to reset the block, all changes made with the find/replace tool will be reverted to the saved state of the block. Furthermore, if the altered block is copied to another dwg, the saved state of said block will prevail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report