Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File unnecessarily large - Please help

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
378 Views, 3 Replies

File unnecessarily large - Please help

I have an Autocad file which is unnecassarily large (I think).  The part in yellow on its own is 436kb.   But a larger green part when added to the file makes it 14mb.  I would have expected the file to be roughly 2 to 3 mb.  Please help

I have already tried

1. Purge 

2. -Purge regapps

3. dxf method

4. a few others I do not recall.

Any help or advise is welcome.  

Tags (1)
Labels (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Valentin-WSP
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous ,

Welcome to the AutoCAD forum.

@Anonymous wrote:

But a larger green part when added to the file makes it 14mb. 

The file you posted is only 14,197 KB not MB.

ValentinWSP_0-1632737184010.png

What you are doing is correct - see link below:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 4
ВeekeeCZ

Exploded hatches make half of the size.

Message 4 of 4
pendean

Your DWG file is actually set to units=inches. You think you overcame it my setting UNITS command to meters, which does nothing, that's a major issue that has nothing to do with file size. Hope you know that. It is out of scale, something major is wrong here.

1) Multiple floor plans: there is #1, these two (three) plans ought to be XREFs.

2) There is lots of content in the file, especially around your half-millions square foot floor plan (it's the wrong scale, see comment up top): you also have duplicate objects n the main floor plan: looks like it was copied twice, and not quite perfectly. XREFs usage is not practiced, #2 issue (you like to use blocks for the plans, not as efficient). Your block also contains purgeable content (which as XReFs you could have cleaned up much easier).

3) Multiple other plans and details (and tables) to the sides: issue #3, all need to be xrefs.

Your "green" plan's wall hatches have been exploded. Rookie mistake, #4 issue and may be the primary issue.

What's up with those hundreds of little hatches in little squares everywhere? That's #5 possible issue.

Better workflows and organizing may be your best file. After you fix the scale problem, this file as is remains unusable IMHO.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report