Did you mean: 

Fields from SheetSet category issue

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
361 Views, 6 Replies

Fields from SheetSet category issue

I'm trying to give some automation to my template and I'm starting to use Sheet Set's. The guy before me in my position was using Brycscad with a plugging called Utilcad to work with multiple sheet drawings.

I don't know why ... but when i create the "CurrentSheetSetCustom" or when I try to use another of the Field names from the SheetSet field catgory it is not working properly. Probability the summary of my problem is that Field is not looking for the SSM.

If some one could help I appreciate it.

Thanks.

attach01.PNG

attach02.PNG

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Is it possible to eTransmit a sample Sheetset project that includes your fields? I would like to see how the custom properties are defined (per sheet or per sheetset) and how you are linking the fields to them.  Is it also possible that the Sheet set file is not found because it is not stored with the project files? That is where I store mine so other users will have it available too.

Just an FYI, there is a series on Sheetsets in the blog.autodesk.com/autocad blogs.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

yes, no problem.

the custom properties are defined per SheetSet. You'll see it...

Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Take a look at this file. I moved the titleblock into paperspace and it seems to update your SheetSet properties properly. I also applied a Pagesetup so you can apply your settings to your layouts easier.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

It's working properly right now.. thanks 😄

Do i have an option to use the template in model space? We develope Diagram drawings.. We don't need to use paper space in majority of our drawings.

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am glad that is working for you.  Fields can be placed in almost any text in AutoCAD but they will display a #### value if it is considered to not be a valid use.  I suspect that SheetSets were really designed for layouts even though you can include modelspace too.  I suggest that perhaps a change in your process of using only modelspace might be necessary to fully take advantage of this feature-set.

I know many customers that do diagrams and one-lines are initially reluctant to make this shift but there are some strong advantages to doing so.  For instance, you might have a diagram in modelspace and more than one viewport in paperspace layout that shows different parts of the diagram and perhaps even at different scales.  This isn't really possible in modelspace alone without creating duplicate geometry and views.

Please  let me know iif this makes sens or if you need me to help display how any of this might work better for you. I am happy to help.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Actually I've been work with electrical blueprint so it's not something uncofortable to me because i used to use it.

The problem is the guy who work with me and now i have the right arguments to convice him

I know many customers that do diagrams and one-lines are initially reluctant to make this shift but there are some strong advantages to doing so.  For instance, you might have a diagram in modelspace and more than one viewport in paperspace layout that shows different parts of the diagram and perhaps even at different scales.  This isn't really possible in modelspace alone without creating duplicate geometry and views.

I really appreciate your help. Thanks so much for the tip.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report